New Toy

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Re: New Toy

Post by Longboardr » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:34 pm

J&J wrote:By the way we did go to New Windsor & Candytown to spectate.... that's pretty much how we got the bug. Looks like the next close one will be July7 at Taylorsville :thumbup:
There's a MATV event May 4th and modern event May 5th at Jefferson that's closer to you than Candytown was.

http://www.mid-atlantictrials.com/WRMC_ ... _FLYER.pdf

J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:50 pm

Longboardr wrote:
J&J wrote:By the way we did go to New Windsor & Candytown to spectate.... that's pretty much how we got the bug. Looks like the next close one will be July7 at Taylorsville :thumbup:
There's a MATV event May 4th and modern event May 5th at Jefferson that's closer to you than Candytown was.

I would love to go to White Rose but we're signed up for both days at Seven Mountians Enduro basic & Enduro cross school... 2 days of relatively cheap riding with some needed instruction. We'll get to some trials when we can & maybe more next year. Hopefully I'll find the funds for another one too.

Longboardr
DAMN Expert

Post by Longboardr » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:54 pm

J&J wrote:
Longboardr wrote:

I would love to go to White Rose but we're signed up for both days at Seven Mountians Enduro basic & Enduro cross school... 2 days of relatively cheap riding with some needed instruction. We'll get to some trials when we can & maybe more next year. Hopefully I'll find the funds for another one too.
Nice, you'll enjoy the enduro cross school day. I'll be curious to hear about the enduro basic day.

Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:47 pm

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/mcy/3753637763.html

Here you go, you can have a father / son combo.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr

J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Boom Boom wrote:http://lancaster.craigslist.org/mcy/3753637763.html

Thanks Boom Boom,
I may be crazy but I went up there and bought that one too :screwy: Also a project but cheaper than the 175 & runs good....Now I've really blown the buget :shrug: I'll get a picture of the bike on here tomorrow but here's one of my wife >>> :dirtdog:

J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:10 am

Let's see if I can do this again. This one is a 74 ty 250

Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:12 am

J&J wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:http://lancaster.craigslist.org/mcy/3753637763.html

Thanks Boom Boom,
I may be crazy but I went up there and bought that one too :screwy: Also a project but cheaper than the 175 & runs good....Now I've really blown the buget :shrug: I'll get a picture of the bike on here tomorrow but here's one of my wife >>> :dirtdog:

:harhar: I've seen that look. Nice rides. :thumbup:
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR

motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:08 pm

J&J wrote:Let's see if I can do this again. This one is a 74 ty 250
Nice!

Again at Candytown I didn't know to look for you. I'll try to remember to keep an eye out at Taylorsville. I'm usually the only Scorpa there, so I'm not too hard to find.

It's a little bit of a hike, but we can arrange a practice day up in DE if you're interested. Maybe coordinate schedules with Boom Boom too.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:41 pm

I have a place we need to go to one day this summer, just outside Thurmont and it is awesome property, belongs to my buddy.
Lots of cool bikes---

J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:45 pm

motojunky wrote:
J&J wrote:Let's see if I can do this again. This one is a 74 ty 250
Nice!

Again at Candytown I didn't know to look for you. I'll try to remember to keep an eye out at Taylorsville. I'm usually the only Scorpa there, so I'm not too hard to find.

It's a little bit of a hike, but we can arrange a practice day up in DE if you're interested. Maybe coordinate schedules with Boom Boom too.
Firebolter wrote:I have a place we need to go to one day this summer, just outside Thurmont and it is awesome property, belongs to my buddy.
Thanks Guys,

We would love to bring them out & get some pointers but I have some work to do on both bikes first; I want to go over the forks, carb, clutch & gear oil.

On the 175 I need to weld a cracked front wheel & something is going on with the kicker, only engages about half a kick.

The 250 needs a kickstand. I have a used trials tire to put on the rear, & I want to take off the cool headlight before I bust it up :lol2:
I'll also take off the oil injection & whatever other extra weight it dosen't need.

Just a little labor for now, I plan to really go through them in the winter after we play around some this summer.