I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Candytown Trials 6-9-13

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Candytown Trials 6-9-13

Post by Boom Boom »

http://www.candytownmc.org/

Just wanted to post that Candytown MC will be hosting a modern trials event this sunday. This will be the last event before the nationals in NY and VT so I expect all the top riders (longboardr) will be out polishing their skills.
But seriously they have some nasty big rocks and out top PA/MD riders will be putting on a good show with some skills we all can only hope rub off on us.
The loop is reasonable walk so a good spectator event (just bring good hiking boots / expect a little bit of mud).
Make a time slot for August 4th also, that will be the Tricky Trylers event in Marysville Pa (my trials club).
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Re: Candytown Trials 6-9-13

Post by motojunky »

Boom Boom wrote:http://www.candytownmc.org/

Just wanted to post that Candytown MC will be hosting a modern trials event this sunday. This will be the last event before the nationals in NY and VT so I expect all the top riders (longboardr) will be out polishing their skills.
But seriously they have some nasty big rocks and out top PA/MD riders will be putting on a good show with some skills we all can only hope rub off on us.
The loop is reasonable walk so a good spectator event (just bring good hiking boots / expect a little bit of mud).
Make a time slot for August 4th also, that will be the Tricky Trylers event in Marysville Pa (my trials club).
Candytown is an awesome place to ride and spectate!

I haven't been watching the D6 schedule and didn't realize this was now. Slim chance that I'll be able to pull it off. Candytown kicked my ass at the MAVT event earlier this year and I'd like to redeem myself.

I've been gone the last 3 weekends doing bike related stuff. Could be a stretch. Thanks for the heads up!
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Good seeing J&J today.
Had my hands full today with two first time guys.
Good fun and Candytown done a great job with the sections.
Hope to see more guys out giving it a try.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Boom Boom wrote:Good seeing J&J today.
I wanted to go, but taking my little girls riding took priority. I swear I'll get to a D6 event one of these days!
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

motojunky wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:Good seeing J&J today.
I wanted to go, but taking my little girls riding took priority. I swear I'll get to a D6 event one of these days!
Put August 4th on your schedule, that is the next D-6 event and out clubs event. Located just outside Harrisburg so one of the closer events for you (most are 2 more hours north).
You know what Candytown is like when wet....it was wet (and slick). Just riding the loops could have been a good vintage trials.
Scores were high but conditions were the same for all.
What you were doing would take priority in my book also, glad to see the youngster and mom are taking a bit of a shine to 2 wheels also. :thumbup:
OBTW, did Dan ever confirm if you managed to snag a spot for the trials school?
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Boom Boom wrote: OBTW, did Dan ever confirm if you managed to snag a spot for the trials school?
No, and actually, I sorta forgot about it. It's July 13 & 13, right?

Now that I have a face with the name, I realize that I see Dan a lot and have gotten to know him better. I spent a little time hanging out with him in TN at the world round. I'll give him a buzz and see how it looks.

Thanks for the reminder!
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

July 13 & 14...
Hope you snag a spot.
Perhaps talk of a new Sherco in your future might better your odds :lol2:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Boom Boom wrote: OBTW, did Dan ever confirm if you managed to snag a spot for the trials school?
Just emailed Dan and it looks like I'm good to go for the July school. :thumbup:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Great, you will enjoy.
Just keep an open mind.
Lots of camping room and family is welcome to hang around the pool, just thought I would pass info along.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr