I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Trials Event at New Windsor MD 7 July 13

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Trials Event at New Windsor MD 7 July 13

Post by Firebolter »

It was a good day! 4x8 Great sections at Roger's house. Had a pretty good DAMN Riders turn out, Motojunkie, Me, J&J and a few others. Yours truly did pretty good, I got 1st in MOD Line 3 with 7 points. DAMN muddy section got me 5 of my 7 points :dirtdog: I only cleared that sucker once! And I think the 2 line riders had it easier than 3 liners did in that section, actually the 3 line was probably the hardest in that section. The 1 and 2 liners had straight approaches to the hard stuff, we had to make a tight turn in the mud then go over a small log and then 90 degree turn and up a muddy slope.

Weather was good, not as hot as it was last year! Great fun was had by all! Good way to spend a sunday afternoon. Motojunkie placed as did "Senior J" on his TY.

Trials is alot of fun and I have more fun each time I go to an event. Looking forward to the Ryan Young class this weekend! Boom Boom, you better watch out, I'm on fire in that 3 line :brows:
Lots of cool bikes---
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Re: Trials Event at New Windsor MD 7 July 13

Post by motojunky »

Firebolter wrote:It was a good day! 4x8 Great sections at Roger's house. Had a pretty good DAMN Riders turn out, Motojunkie, Me, J&J and a few others. Yours truly did pretty good, I got 1st in MOD Line 3 with 7 points. DAMN muddy section got me 5 of my 7 points :dirtdog: I only cleared that sucker once! And I think the 2 line riders had it easier than 3 liners did in that section, actually the 3 line was probably the hardest in that section. The 1 and 2 liners had straight approaches to the hard stuff, we had to make a tight turn in the mud then go over a small log and then 90 degree turn and up a muddy slope.

Weather was good, not as hot as it was last year! Great fun was had by all! Good way to spend a sunday afternoon. Motojunkie placed as did "Senior J" on his TY.

Trials is alot of fun and I have more fun each time I go to an event. Looking forward to the Ryan Young class this weekend! Boom Boom, you better watch out, I'm on fire in that 3 line :brows:
Great ride Bill! It was nice to see you, the Js and Badguy - it was a regular DAMN event. I didn't place - I had signed up for exhibition and I DNF'd (details below).

J&J - great job! The heat and conditions made yesterday a tough first event. Just finishing is a worthy accomplishment.

I had my first DNF yesterday. Something happened causing my rear brakes to lock up - I suspect mud & debris build up pushing the pedal down slightly and cooking the fluid. I took it apart last night to find my inner brake caliper piston seized in place as well. I was able to get it free, and just got off of the phone from ordering MC & caliper rebuild kits to make sure I'm good for this weekend. Ordered a brake rotor too, as mine was worn to just about the minimum spec last time I checked. I want to make sure my bike is good for the RYP school this weekend!

The MAVT series has an exhibition class, which is essentially a "just for fun" class with no trophies or championship. I've been riding on the 2 line this year and have wanted to try to move up to the 1 line but at each event there have been a couple of sections outside of my comfort zone. I felt pretty good about the sections yesterday, but not about the heat. I decided to sign up for exhibition and ride the 1 line wherever I felt good and then move down if I needed to. I rode the first two loops on the 1 line and did OK. Not great, but respectable I thought (few cleans, few 5s and everything in between). By the end of the 2nd loop, I was tired to the point that I felt like staying on the 1 line would get me hurt. For the 3rd loop, I rode the 1 line in a couple of sections, the 2 line in a couple of sections, and even the 3 line a couple of times (including the mud section). I was having a great time just fooling around when my bike broke just before the end of my 3rd loop. I had so much fun, I may sign up for exhibition for the next couple of events to ease my way into the 1 line.

I'm really looking forward to the RYP class too. See you there. :thumbup:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

J&J making a quick lever adjustment:

old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Motojunkie, thanks for posting the picture! We had a few pit stops, after the 1st loop I thought Jacob was done. The shifter slipped on the splines & I thought he had trans problems.... turns out "he" put the bolt in backwards so it wasn't clamping at all. Thats my story, I couldn't possibly have done that. Hey he's gotta learn, right? Also the kicker gear sliped on its shaft, a common problem with them. I got it through the day with a bungie cord. I knew it was giving us trouble so I'll take the blame on that one.... new part now on the way.

Anyway we were a little discouraged after that first loop, falling down, bike breaking, I made a wrong turn in a section, it wasn't going well but.... we pushed through & boy we started having fun. We were getting better each time around & now have the bug.... when's the next one? :ride:

We've got a few things to get sorted on the bikes but I think were gona have a blast with them. We've got way less in both bikes combined than either trail bike & good challenging fun all day. There are some great guys at these events & everyone there is willing to help or give advice. If you don't know what its about go watch. I would recommend anyone thinking about trials to just do it!
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

J&J - I didn't know you guys were from DAMN...it was good talking to you out on the loop.

The few times I ended up behind you, you two looked pretty good out there considering the bike issues and especially being your first time at an event. Glad you started having fun once you worked those issues out. I hope to see you out there again!
-Mike (the guy with the retro looking green 3/4 helmet)