I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2013 Michaux Dual Sport Sunday August 11, 2013 rain or shine

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: 2013 Michaux Dual Sport Sunday August 11, 2013 rain or s

Post by Laoch »

Boom Boom wrote: Was that a reminder for Big Bird to get a move on???
:lol2:

Is anybody else riding up?
Closer to 0800 is better for me, but I'll do whatever. Maybe meet by the reg tent?

I'll be looking at an easy ride, due to nursing jacked rotator cuff and a bad knee.
I grew up running around Michaux and still live close by, so I tend to wonder off sometimes, but it's intentional. I don't get lost, just off course (but fully legal) :lol2:

The XR is a minor fix; chain slipper fell apart. I'll be on KLX with DAMN jersey.
Bruce
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

dirtygrunt wrote:
Boom Boom wrote: Was that a reminder for Big Bird to get a move on???
:lol2:

Is anybody else riding up?
Closer to 0800 is better for me, but I'll do whatever. Maybe meet by the reg tent?
HEY it's NOT NICE to make fun of OLD People :lol2:

I'll be trailering up with just the 200 and plan to start and finish as early as possible (because we have a Belgian bicycle tourist staying with us Sunday night and I want to be home in time to greet him).

Ya'll say HI when you pass the OFG on the trail :ride:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Gene-TW200
DAMN Expert

Post by Gene-TW200 »

I guess I'll leave a note on the van cuse I'll never see the OFG once he starts .
Tw-200
Honda Ft-500
ST-1300
DR-650
Gene-TW200
DAMN Expert

Post by Gene-TW200 »

What a great day for a ride ! I had the pleasure to ride the morning loop with Dirty Grunt and all I can say is what guy to have with you in a bad situation, I will let him tell the tale if he wants to but he really did the DAMB jersey pround getting the job done.
Tw-200
Honda Ft-500
ST-1300
DR-650
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Good meeting you Gene. Also got to BS a little with Sam again.
Things didn't go as planned and I bailed a little early. Gene IMHO you do quite well on the DR and hopefully we'll meet up and ride some more again.

The course (the sections we ran) was fun and actually had a nasty little tight, ST, uphill larger rock section that was fun -ask Gene how tight it was. As usual the MORE guys run a good event.

This was my first "off road" outing with the KLX and I'm happy with it. I should have softened the suspension a bit and a trials tire would have been better. Gearing is about right and plenty-o-power. Didn't feel heavy or unwieldy.

Gene and I came upon a downed rider who had a fairly serious concussion and rib injury. Let's just say I'm glad he was a smaller guy, cuz carrying him on the backboard down the trail would have really sucked if someone Gene's size was on it.
Bruce
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

MIRICLE AT MICHAUX

I'm having a hard time believing this BUT the OFG made it through all 90 miles and 11 options without a single fall :loveit:
(and I was only very slightly tired at the end!) This is a FIRST (and probably a LAST) for the OFG :lol2:

I think they must have made the course more OFG friendly? :shrug: Or maybe the week riding in CO made this seem easier? :shrug:

Traction was perfect and all rocks were dry and firmly planted!
It was a beautifully run event with good breakfast, lunch and ICE CREAM!

I got started early and finished at 2:00 to make it home to meet our Belgian bicycle tourist for a fun visit!

In addition to visiting with the DAMN guys in the above post, I saw Paul Brown who is in town BRIEFLY before taking off on yet ANOTHER of his multi-week motorcycling vacation trips :loveit:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike