I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Looking to take son riding

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Re: Looking to take son riding

Post by Daves08excr »

Shawn I was checking out wicomico on YouTube. Looks like its alot better then the first time I took the family down to ride atv's down there. My daughter just turned 18 and is a ok rider she did mountian ridge with me on the easy trails and did very well. I think your son and yourself would have a great time riding with us. I plan on taking my 16 ft enclosed trailer down and would have plenty of room for you guys if you wanted to share the ride Severna park is on the way down let me know :roost: :whoop: :whoop:

Dave
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Boneyard
DAMN n00b

Post by Boneyard »

Hey Dave,

Sounds like fun. I still have to get the "all clear" from my wife as she was contemplating going away for the weekend. I should know soon and will definitely let you know.

I'm actually headed to visit my parents in DE tomorrow and just saw there is a track there, Bule Diamond, so I may take the bikes :whoop: :roost: :roost: You are welcome to join if it's close for you.

Shawn
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Thanks but I have plans. I have ridden blue Dimond it's not bad but pricey. I stay off the pro track and ride the play track in the back. Have fun.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Post by RadioRyder »

Just so you know, Blue Diamond is motocross only, no trails. There are 3 well-groomed tracks, Pro, Intermediate, and a nice beginner track. It's cost effective if you join (I did) otherwise it's $50 per person, no kid discount! They have real bathrooms, an eatery, bike washing station, flaggers, and a grandstand to watch the big bikes.

Wicomico is cheaper and has a nice 6-7 mile woods loop. There are also 3 tracks there, same as Blue Diamond but not as nice. There is one port-a-pot and no running water or food. If you bring lots of water and food this is the cheaper option. I do like their woods loop and it gets nice and muddy. My 11yr old rode his Raptor 80 around the loop a few times and only got stuck once or twice.

Hope this helps. Have a great time! :roost:
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S
Boneyard
DAMN n00b

Post by Boneyard »

RadioRyder wrote:Just so you know, Blue Diamond is motocross only, no trails. There are 3 well-groomed tracks, Pro, Intermediate, and a nice beginner track. It's cost effective if you join (I did) otherwise it's $50 per person, no kid discount! They have real bathrooms, an eatery, bike washing station, flaggers, and a grandstand to watch the big bikes.

Wicomico is cheaper and has a nice 6-7 mile woods loop. There are also 3 tracks there, same as Blue Diamond but not as nice. There is one port-a-pot and no running water or food. If you bring lots of water and food this is the cheaper option. I do like their woods loop and it gets nice and muddy. My 11yr old rode his Raptor 80 around the loop a few times and only got stuck once or twice.

Hope this helps. Have a great time! :roost:
We hit Blue Diamond last weekend and I agree with all of your comments. I asked about the discount for kids but no dice. We really enjoyed the Intermediate track and I had some fun on the Pro track. However, it cost $100 so it is a very expensive day. To join, the first day would have been $166 (2x $55 for membership plus 2x $28 for the day) so I didn't do it. It pays off if you go 3 times but I wasn't sure if we would do that.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Glad I don't ride MX, I would be broke....
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Cheaper than golf... :amazon:
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Try Breezewood Proving Grounds in PA. up rt 70.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Post by RadioRyder »

Damage Inc. wrote:Try Breezewood Proving Grounds in PA. up rt 70.
I've heard that place is pretty nice...longer drive but very camping friendly with cabins as an option. They have 4 tracks, but no trails.
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Check out this upcoming charity ride weekend, kid friendly, awesome trails & camping;

http://www.randtclub.com/Uploads/55/2013CHARITYRIDE.pdf