I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RAC Friday 4/5/13

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: RAC Friday 4/5/13

Post by BigBird »

I made it to Pottsville RAC with some of Becky's BOZ on Sunday and did 20+ miles of mostly GREAT somewhat rocky challenging single track starting from Valley Rd. so I have the track for that.

Jay also sent me the track for a Hare/Skinny J Feb 2012 ride that I wasn't on but that got great reviews that started from Burma road.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
joedirt
DAMN Wanabe

Post by joedirt »

Anybody have a run in with the Foster Township police and them telling you that behind the 901 pub is off limits now. I was chased out on monday.
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

a couple years ago they did a big push and would ticket people right away no questions asked

details we need details
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

The area I've been riding in most weekends with Becky's BOYZ is along Valley Rd. (mostly on the SE side) between 901 on the SW and 61 on the E. This is RAC land and has been part of the RORR enduro for the last few years. We have permits but have had NO hassles at all. We see a few ATVs on the open roads and very rarely some motorcycles on the trails.

It is FABULOUS mostly tight rocky single track with some double track and some open roads and mine pits.

I've ridden lots of places and if you like challenging single track this would be hard to beat.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
joedirt
DAMN Wanabe

Post by joedirt »

theres a little parking spot behind the 901 pub. Seems they let you park there cause there's a good chance you'll go in the bar when you're finished riding. RAC land right behind there also. If you go too far back its game lands now.

On my way in on 901 I passed the cop. A few minutes after I parked the cop pulls up and tells me that RAC no longer allows people to ride on the 901 pub side of the road. I tell him I have a permit he said it doesn't matter I'm not allowed back there. He leaves and I'm loading my bike back in my truck when a guy from the pub comes walking back and asks me what the cop wanted. I tell him and he said BS that the cops did the same thing 3 months ago trying to chase people out of there. He told me to call RAC to find out if they closed it down to riding.

I emailed RAC today and this is the answer I got.
I have checked with our head of security and there is no reason you cannot ride in the area of the 901 Pub as long as you are on Reading Anthracite property. There is property there that is controlled by the Game Commission, but they have posted their area . The police had no reason to chase anyone from the area. Our head of security will talk to them about this issue.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Thanks for looking into this and posting the followup.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200