I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

public Meeting ORV trails by Md DNR

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Re: public Meeting ORV trails by Md DNR

Post by Hare »

A few of us DAMN guys went, Bork Redline and myself made it along with a bunch of not happy locals from out by the "cut". For real we "dirt bikers" need to be at every meeting they have and the more the better, a steady 5 or 10 guys at the public meetings at least.

There is another meeting set up for Hancock now in a couple of weeks, they havent picked a location yet, i will give you a date and more of an updated report from this past meeting(not sure when Michaux is this weekend) and things you all can do to help shape this in the right direction for us single track guys. the way it stand now even though they are calling it single track most of it will be ridable by all, with possibly a few small connectors of signle track.

Please dont take this as a negative, this is the first true positive situation for dirt bikes from the state. Right now they are an open book looking for public input on what the public wants, PLEASE come to the next meeting and publically tell them what you want.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Thanks Joe!

Everybody needs to email the DNR with their comments - do it now!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

FYI: from (http://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/orv_Projects.asp)

Submit Comments

Public comments will be taken at the September 4th meeting following a presentation by DNR staff.

Comments will also be received via email or hardcopy through October 4, 2013.
Comments may be sent to:

Jack Perdue
Maryland DNR
Tawes State Office Building, E-1
580 Taylor Avenue
Annapolis, MD 21401

Or by email to: jperdue@dnr.state.md.us
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

thanks Ovo! spread the word folks!

Thank them for considering opening forests, etc. Tell them it is a good start but the riders want more technical trail more similar to Green Ridge, better yet some single track. Tell them all trail must be sustainable, etc.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

I was real disappointed at the showing of riders. I even called the local cycle shop here, & they made it sound like someone would show there from their store. I only met Hare & Redlevel after all said & done. I thought I was the only one there.(kept looking over my back for hangman's noose) I did mention at all 3 proposed site groups, for more single track & more places for the riders toward central & east. They wrote down suggestions, along with the pages of complaints from hunters & adjoining prop owners. The proposed sites are at north & south of Sideling hill, & Savage river. & from what I understand, permits for only 15 riders at each site.
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

thanks. I'm disappointed the western riders (locals) didn't show.
Ken
TyMarp
DAMN Expert

Post by TyMarp »

This local rider worked sixteen hours that day. I would like to have attended. Thanks to those who did, especially Hare and Redlevel for traveling so far. It was a trip for Bork as well. Thanks for your commitment and efforts.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

TyMarp wrote:This local rider worked sixteen hours that day. I would like to have attended. Thanks to those who did, especially Hare and Redlevel for traveling so far. It was a trip for Bork as well. Thanks for your commitment and efforts.
I should have said the ATV guys that Randy Beeman represents, or Ray Tighe the local GNCC rider. We need a LOT of the local riders to write and get on-record supporting this.

I know you are 1,000% behind this Tim!
Ken