I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Pine Barrons 300

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Pine Barrons 300

Post by Firebolter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:27 am

So I am thinking about doing this event. One I haven't done before and since the heat has been turned up in NJ, might be a good time to do the event while it still exists. Anyway, I was thinking the Husky 610 would be a good bike for this since the others I may ride with will be on big bikes like GS' and KTM Adv etc. ANy of you done this event see why the 610 wouldn't be a good choice? Tires are Distanza's so I know I would have some work in deep sand but most of this is forrest road and ~hard pack from what I remember about riding up there in that area for an Enduro. Trails were deep and Sandy, but this event doesn't go into those areas I believe?
Lots of cool bikes---

pmullen
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Pine Barrons 300

Post by pmullen » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:39 am

I did it on a KLR650 as a DAMNed n00bie. Bucho used to :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: it up on his DR650.

You should waltz right through on the 610.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:40 am

Firebolter wrote:So I am thinking about doing this event. One I haven't done before and since the heat has been turned up in NJ, might be a good time to do the event while it still exists. Anyway, I was thinking the Husky 610 would be a good bike for this since the others I may ride with will be on big bikes like GS' and KTM Adv etc. ANy of you done this event see why the 610 wouldn't be a good choice? Tires are Distanza's so I know I would have some work in deep sand but most of this is forrest road and ~hard pack from what I remember about riding up there in that area for an Enduro. Trails were deep and Sandy, but this event doesn't go into those areas I believe?
Hey, did you end up doing this one?
I think 5 years ago Ken dragged me out to this one. Was my first "organized event" type ride I had ever done. Also my first time in the sand. I had a blast. Its a little more of an dualsport/adventure ride vrs a hardcore enduro ride, but still very fun. I remember some deep sand sections but all pretty open and easy to carry speed. Should have no trouble even w/ crappy tires.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:34 am

It is not till Nov, but that weekend is a bad one for me after all, so looks like I'll skip it this year.
Lots of cool bikes---