I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BCTR Blind Enduro - Sunday, November 30

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

BCTR Blind Enduro - Sunday, November 30

Post by Skinny-J »

Here is another ride to put on your callendar-

http://www.bctra.com/images/Blind%20End ... 2014-2.jpg

A fun day in the woods and proceeds go to a good cause. Not very many rocks but plenty of mud if the weather is not just right...
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: BCTR Blind Enduro - Sunday, November 30

Post by gots_a_sol »

Plated bike required for the blind enduro part?
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

gots_a_sol wrote:Plated bike required for the blind enduro part?
Nope.....
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Is this the one just over the border in PA near Rte 83 in Shewsbury? Normally it's in December?
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

BillyGoat wrote:Is this the one just over the border in PA near Rte 83 in Shewsbury? Normally it's in December?
Yup this is the same one. I think it has been the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Taylor wrote:
BillyGoat wrote:Is this the one just over the border in PA near Rte 83 in Shewsbury? Normally it's in December?
Yup this is the same one. I think it has been the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Taylor is correct; it is always the Sunday after Thanksgiving, only last year that happened to be Dec 1 because of how the dates fell.

Ever since they got rid of the mass start like the first couple of years it has been much nicer. Basically just go ride a loop when ever you please and as much as you want.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Hunting season after that.....this is the kind of enduro I enjoy the most. Start when you want and ride as many loops as you can.
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Placing it on the schedule.
Last year when the frost melted things became very interesting.
I had mud tossed on top of my enclosed trailer from all 4 wheels on the Excursion spinning flat out to drag my rig out....a mud trail all the way to I-83.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Boom Boom wrote:Placing it on the schedule.
I had mud tossed on top of my enclosed trailer from all 4 wheels on the Excursion spinning flat out to drag my rig out....a mud trail all the way to I-83.
"interesting"; that is a good word to describe it. When I showed up the guy directing parking asked if my old P/U was 4 wheel drive. In a very cockey manner I said of course and was directed to the furthest point of the field. Well, wasn't I the jack-ass when I went to leave and the 4 wheel drive would NOT engage (turned out the front actuator had gone bad). It took some "special" driving for me to get out of there; with the rear posi-traction locked in I ended up crab walking down over the hill to the left as the mud was so thick the truck would only go sideways and not straight. I knew I had one shot so the downhill run with it pinned allowed me to build up enough speed to crash accross the foot wide drainage ditch at the bottom and blast up the other side of hill near the spot-a-pots which fortunately had not thawed as much. It was truly Dukes of Hazard style!!

SJ
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Skinny-J wrote:
Boom Boom wrote:Placing it on the schedule.
"interesting"; that is a good word to describe it. When I showed up the guy directing parking asked if my old P/U was 4 wheel drive. In a very cockey manner I said of course and was directed to the furthest point of the field. Well, wasn't I the jack-ass when I went to leave and the 4 wheel drive would NOT engage (turned out the front actuator had gone bad). It took some "special" driving for me to get out of there; with the rear posi-traction locked in I ended up crab walking down over the hill to the left as the mud was so thick the truck would only go sideways and not straight. I knew I had one shot so the downhill run with it pinned allowed me to build up enough speed to crash accross the foot wide drainage ditch at the bottom and blast up the other side of hill near the spot-a-pots which fortunately had not thawed as much. It was truly Dukes of Hazard style!!

SJ
LOL....love it.
Only thing that kept me from sliding like you was I had a big ass enclosed anchor attached to the back of mine.
Think Longboardr can attest to the V-10 revlimiter being hit a few times. I had all 4 digging and was sliding toward the jiffies...I hoped no one was using them cause I was not pulling my foot off the floor till I hit solid ground. Can't wait to do it all over again :thumbup:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr