I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Oct 19 WATR Fall Trail Ride @ Eagle Bay

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Oct 19 WATR Fall Trail Ride @ Eagle Bay

Post by Skinny-J »

Wish I could make this one as I have never made it to this event. But between RORR, Granvilles and the Hammer, I just can't pull off 4 weekends in a row. On this same weekend, I will be leading my son's cub-scout troop on a hike so I will at least be making motor noises in my head as I am forced to walk down beautiful single track, errrr hiking trails..... :dirtdog:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Skinny-J wrote:Wish I could make this one as I have never made it to this event. But between RORR, Granvilles and the Hammer, I just can't pull off 4 weekends in a row. On this same weekend, I will be leading my son's cub-scout troop on a hike so I will at least be making motor noises in my head as I am forced to walk down beautiful single track, errrr hiking trails..... :dirtdog:
Think I could direct your hike location to Shade Mountain?
Chainsaw in hand with a bunch of little brush removers following behind.
Win...win situation :brows:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

As they say in the Monster Truck ads, "SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!"

Weather looks good, maybe a little chilly, but some good right trail should warm things up nicely. I think we got enough rain this week to keep the dust on the ground.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Race I had for this Sunday was cancelled, so going to hit this instead. On a Husky with 79L on it.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

:lurker:
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

It was a good weekend, trails were good, dust was pretty low until Sunday afternoon. We had a pretty fair number of broken bikes, but at least no broken riders, that I heard of. Gotta love riding Eagle Bay with no rocks in sight, ANYWHERE!

Thanks to everybody that came out. Hope you all had a great time.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I enjoyed it and plan to do it again next year. I was on the 2000 kx250 riding around with Chuck Marler and Bob Dement.
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Good to hear no obvious injuries this year. I didn't see any either. I was there with my 09 450 EXC and my buddy on his YZ250F. Last year I saw a dude with a horrendously dislocated ankle, maybe compound. I had to steer my kids/wife away from that scene. FWIW he was wearing sneakers and tube socks as foot protection.

But wow the trail was perfect. Moist and terrific traction. Ran the beginner trail twice to warmup and the "expert" trail twice and that tired me out. What a great time. The only thing is that the did mark hazards but only about 1 of every 4. There were tons of logs ready to de-shin you and sharp root balls sticking in the trail and other sharp stumps. Tons of unmarked "head knockers". But I didn't volunteer so I can't bitch. Was lightly attended and so much open trail to ride. Rarely saw anyone on the trail.

I'm going in the spring with the family.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
thetable
DAMN Expert

Post by thetable »

BillyGoat wrote:But wow the trail was perfect. Moist and terrific traction. Ran the beginner trail twice to warmup and the "expert" trail twice and that tired me out. What a great time. The only thing is that the did mark hazards but only about 1 of every 4. There were tons of logs ready to de-shin you and sharp root balls sticking in the trail and other sharp stumps. Tons of unmarked "head knockers". But I didn't volunteer so I can't bitch. Was lightly attended and so much open trail to ride. Rarely saw anyone on the trail.

I'm going in the spring with the family.
There aren't any rocks out there, we had to do something to keep people on their toes. I'm kidding of course!
Sorry to hear that we didn't get enough Xs up. Not to make excuses, but I'm going to anyway in the hopes of understanding. There were three of us that worked on marking the long loop on Saturday in what was a fairly short window; we share the property with a hunt club, and hunting season is on. We had hoped to get some marking done on Wednesday as well, but rain had put a bit of a damper on that effort as well. We basically ended up with just enough time to make one good clearing and marking pass.

Glad to hear that we'll see you again for the spring trail ride. We have a bit more time to prep that one.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Cool, I'll try to hit the spring one as well.