My YZ

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

My YZ

Post by anotherguy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:48 pm

After sitting for a few years I decided I wasn't letting another riding season slide by without riding off road. So a gallon of fresh 40:1. 15PSI front and rear. Turn the gas on and lean it over 'til gas overflows form the carb. 4 or 5 kicks with the pipe plug in.........take the plug out and 3 kicks and she pinged into life. Rode for 15 minutes or so in the back field. Man I missed that feeling. What a beast. Even time for a new photo of the well used monster. Now to get in riding shape for May at Mountain Ridge. :D

Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: My YZ

Post by Skinny-J » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:51 pm

That's pretty cool. :thumbup:

I know what my 250 is like when it gets on the pipe so I can't even imagine how you hang on to that thing; or maybe it just digs an even deeper ditch :knary:

I am glad the era of drum brakes has ended though....

Hope to see it first hand at the reunion.

SJ

Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:01 pm

Very nice! That's from the era when I first started riding (albeit on a much smaller bike). You gotta watch taking time off. I did that and 10 or 11 years passed before I realized I'd stopped riding (was still riding street bikes though).

anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:18 pm

The reactions are still there. I've been riding that bike for a couple decades so it comes back quickly. Not to mention my streetbikes are as beastly as the YZ. Then there's the CRF450R..............