I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

The Cove 1/20

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: The Cove 1/20

Post by Bucho »

Have fun guys, please post a couple of pics. I want to see Onefaller’s new bike!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Bucho wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:44 pm Have fun guys, please post a couple of pics. I want to see Onefaller’s new bike!
You've seen it quite a few times. It was my kx250.

Be gentle with the throttle, dude! ;)
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I'm here were! And shocked that I have cell signal with t- mobile!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

6 DAMN riders showed up today. Pretty good traction until the early afternoon when things started to thaw out. Might have some gopro video, my battery was about done though. At least 3 others had gopros running as well.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Nothing interesting on video from Skip for the first time on a 2 stroke, either :dirtdog:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

juddspaintballs wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:34 pm Nothing interesting on video from Skip for the first time on a 2 stroke, either :dirtdog:
Yeah, he got a handle on that thing pretty quick. I am disappointed. :dirtdog:

:lol2:

I'm editing some video, stand by....
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Funny Skip moment of the day, down on the bottom side of the red trail and Skip is missing. We are sitting there waiting, and waiting, and waiting. We started to theorize he either got lost, is stuck under the bike somewhere, or stalled and couldn't restart it. We turn around to go find him just in time for him to come cruising down the trail. Turns out we were right on all 3 counts :killingme:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Today was an absolutely beautiful day to be out riding. The temperature was perfect and the trails were made of excellent earth today, for some reason. Even the big greasy downhill on the red trail was clean. The third time out, the ground seemed to be thawing some and things started getting a bit wet. Today was still some excellent riding conditions.

I fell many times today. I fell 4 times in about 1 minute trying to turn around after failing at going up the big long downhill towards the end of the red trail. Not to be discouraged, I went back to the bottom and rode all of the way up that stupid hill, and most importantly rode back down the hill :thumbup:

Wingfixer let me ride his Beta. I really like that thing. I rode it from the parking lot down the blue trail up to the uphill part where I rode it 1/3 of the way up and fell over. I rode back down, swapped back to my KTM, and rode all of the way up to the top without stopping. A small part of me thinks that I might be improving, but I think it's just luck.

Today was a blast. I haven't looked at my video yet, but there isn't much interesting to pull from it from what I remember of the day.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

It was the best ride of 2018.
..so far :lol2:
The weather was fantastic, so were the riding buddies, what else can you ask :thumbup:
A couple of injured rear brake pedals, some falls, will hopefully edit the videos and get it to your attention soon.
For now some pics (not in order, sorry) - if you want it in full res, RMB -Open in new tab
Every day is a good day when you ride
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

My son and I came out today also. We got there way late 11:45ish. Couldn't find you guys so we tried to ride the blue trail........notice I said tried. I think we were on ice more than we were dirt or rocks. Tried the steep hill climb a few times but it was way too greasy about a third of the way up. Went back to the truck and packed things up before I broke myself or my new bike.

Glad you guys had fun.