I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Granville's Western Md Camp & Ride 4/26-4/28

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Granville's Western Md Camp & Ride 4/26-4/28

Post by Bucho »

Wingfixer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:00 pm Now I really wish I was 2 people! Night riding is awesome! It doesn't matter how bright your headlight/ helmet light is you won't be able to see down the hill/ into the holes! Bonus points for riding the course backwards! Right Bucho!
I still have awesome memories of the first time we did this at Grandville's!

I remember how difficult it was to really give it throttle BEFORE we could see the hillclimb. It was pretty scary and difficult to make your body do it. It took us both several tries to make that one hill!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

Hey, Brent sorry you make it for the Spring Ride, but I really hope the dates line up for you on future rides this year. I hope to do more this year! As a first responder, you deserve some quality time, when you get off.

Hey, Phil and others that I haven't seen for awhile, so glad you guys can be there! The trails are looking SWEET :thumbup:

Just a little more motivational video to get the party going!

525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

In! Hopefully I can get out of work early-ish Friday. Definitely up for some night time riding as I want to try out my set up for the 24 hour race :thumbup:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Granville wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:43 am
Hey, Phil and others that I haven't seen for awhile, so glad you guys can be there! The trails are looking SWEET

Very much looking forward to coming up on Friday!

My saw and a few hand tools pretty much live in the back of my van. Im happy to cut/trim/clear anything you need.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

I have had a bunch of people from this DAMN site and from the R&T Rascals PM me for directions. I always enjoy taking new people out and showing them the good lines in the trail system and safeguarding them from technical features that they may not be ready to try (you know some of the bypasses around the roller coaster section) :whoop: . I would most greatly appreciate some of the more accomplished riders here with superior familiarity of the Barton trail system, welcome some of new riding by piloting them around for a lap or two :cheers:.

Btw, as many of you know the "Hard Wood Section" (just before you pop-up out of the woods at the shop) is being logged for the purpose of Tree Farm status. That section should be interesting at best :lurker: .
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Granville wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:06 pm . I would most greatly appreciate some of the more accomplished riders here with superior familiarity of the Barton trail system, welcome some of new riding by piloting them around for a lap or two :cheers:.

Btw, as many of you know the "Hard Wood Section" (just before you pop-up out of the woods at the shop) is being logged for the purpose of Tree Farm status. That section should be interesting at best :lurker: .

I have all the "old" trail memorized very well.
If there are some new lines, I might need to be led on a tour on Friday afternoon. But after that, I'm happy to play guide.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

Bucho wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:50 pm
Granville wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:06 pm . I would most greatly appreciate some of the more accomplished riders here with superior familiarity of the Barton trail system, welcome some of new riding by piloting them around for a lap or two :cheers:.

I have all the "old" trail memorized very well.
If there are some new lines, I might need to be led on a tour on Friday afternoon. But after that, I'm happy to play guide.
Thank you!
That will give me an opportunity to catch a lap with James & Jack :duel:
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

And I'm out now. I was only able to come on Saturday and now I have to stay home and wait on the phone repair man instead. :censored:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

Myself a buddy (Hollywood on here) and my son will be coming up Friday afternoon. Haven't been in a few years and am stoked the stars finally aligned for this one. Once again thanks for opening up your property to these DAMN fools to ride.
MudDawg
DAMN n00b

Post by MudDawg »

I saw mention earlier of possible cancellation due to rain. Any word on this? And how much rain was there? Will it impact the trails significantly?

Thanks for any updates!

Mud
350 XCF
300 XCW
500 XCR-W