I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux DS 2019-revived from dead- August 18

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Michaux DS 2019-revived from dead- August 18

Post by Wingfixer »

Just got this in the (E)mail:

DVTR <dvtrailriders@gmail.com>

11:16 AM (0 minutes ago)

to Marco, bcc: Patrick.Whitehead09
Congrats, you made the cut!
When we vowed to keep the Michaux Dual Sport alive, we knew there would be a bunch of excited riders. What we didn't expect was for it to sell out in 38 hours!

The DVTR Crew would like to take a moment to thank you for participating in the Revival of the Michaux Dual Sport and being a part of what makes the event so great.
We will be sending out complete details soon, but we wanted to get out a few housecleaning items first.

We're working hard with the DCNR to keep this event alive for years to come, as part of that we need to work on a few things they had concerns with.

First, for those riding the Adventure Route on Saturday, please DO NOT GO OFF ROUTE AND RIDE TRAILS! If you do, you put the entire event in jeopardy and you will be asked to leave the premises immediately with no refund and be banned from all future events. There is no wiggle room on this. The DCNR has made it clear that they will cancel the ride for Sunday if anyone is caught riding closed trails.

There will be no campers, rv's or large trailers permitted to park in the main lots. The sheer size of these vehicles has contributed to trucks needing to park down the access road which is not permitted and is a concern with the DCNR. There are a few campgrounds nearby, most of us with rv's are staying at Mountain Creek, about 15 minutes away.
If you have a trailer longer than 14', you will be turned away, please plan accordingly.

It goes on but you get the drift. At least now I know they got my entry!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

the t-shirts should say "First Annual Final Michaux DS"
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

I feel jypped since the only reason I didn’t make it was they asked for the license plate number.
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I also got that email. :thumbup:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Gene-TW200
DAMN Expert

Post by Gene-TW200 »

No campers RV's or trailers over 14 feet , thats gonna be an issue for a lot of folks
Tw-200
Honda Ft-500
ST-1300
DR-650
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Gene-TW200 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:54 pm No campers RV's or trailers over 14 feet , thats gonna be an issue for a lot of folks
The cube is a 14' "RV"... :deal:

:lol2:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Gene-TW200 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:54 pm No campers RV's or trailers over 14 feet , thats gonna be an issue for a lot of folks
I can understand the organizers rule.
The guys with big RVs can camp nearby and just ride their dualsport bike in. No big deal.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
2smokes
DAMN n00b

Post by 2smokes »

Bucho wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:15 pm
I can understand the organizers rule.
The guys with big RVs can camp nearby and just ride their dualsport bike in. No big deal.
Yup, I’m going to be over at pine grove furnace state park with a nice dust free site with electric!
It was me, I let the dogs out

2013 Vespa Lx 150... the grocery getter
2016 Ducati 1198 Multistrada Pikes Peak...the curve straightener
2018 Beta 390...the woods mauler
2016 Beta 350 my fly and ride at 3 step hideaway in Moab
2018 Ktm 1290 SAR...for everything else
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Hi Riders!

The Revival of the Michaux Dual Sport is just a few short weeks away and we want to make sure everyone has all the information they need.

We would like to first thank you for supporting this event and helping to keep it alive. The amazing response from the riding community really motivated us to keep this awesome event alive. Thank you!

Registration will be open Fri from 5-7, Sat from 4-7, and Sun from 6:30-8:30.

Don't forget to bring your photo ID, but no AMA required!

As you already read in the registration form and follow up email, there are a few changes from previous years. There is a new DCNR Forester in the park for this year, he's been great to work with and we want to continue to develop that relationship.

What is changing?

The State Forest spent a large amount of time and resources regrading and resurfacing Birch Run Road (where cars were lined up and parked in past years) and we are not permitted to park on it this year as in past years.
We've had to limit on-site parking to a maximum size of a full size truck and a 12' trailer. There will be no larger trailers, campers or RV's permitted to park in the lot during the event weekend outside of our support vehicles. The lots we use are grossly undersized for our needs.
Camping at the event site is still permitted.
Please make sure you do not show up at the event with a large trailer, camper or RV, you will be turned away and will have to find another place to park. Many riders are staying at local campgrounds and riding to the event start. Some places that still may have availability and are close by are:

https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateParks/Find ... fault.aspx

https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateParks/Find ... fault.aspx

https://deerruncampingresort.com/

https://mountaincreekcamping.com/rentals/

You can arrive as early as Friday evening, get registered and hang out all weekend.

This year we are offering a free GPS guided Adventure Ride on Saturday. We'll make this GPS route available in the days leading up to the event. No route sheets will be available for this ride.

The adventure ride will be all on gravel and paved roads with no trail and will take you to a few vistas and interesting places within the State Forest. The appropriate bike for the adventure ride would be anything from a full kitted out adv bike down to a large, comfortable dual sport.
This is not a ride for enduro bikes.

And just so we're clear, there will be no trail riding on Saturday, if you are found riding closed trails you will be asked to leave the premises without refund and will likely be fined by the State Police. Sorry to sound so harsh on this, but it is a non-negotiable and riding off-limit trails puts our events in jeopardy.

For tech inspection, you will need a working headlight and taillight. You will also need to provide proof of registration and insurance matching what you submitted when you registered.

Quiet time is 10pm, please turn off loud generators, music and engines by this time. We love to party as much as the next guy, but we love to ride even more, and everyone should be allowed to get some peaceful sleep for the following day's ride.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this and we're excited to see you all in 3 weeks!

Cheers,
DVTR Crew
Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

But this year we're adding something new... So for all you Adventure Bike Riders, come and camp out Friday night and on Saturday we'll guide you on an all-day long ride through the local forest roads and paved twisties. And who knows, you might even learn something about the area's history.

And better yet, it's free!... Why? Because...well, why not?

We love to ride and we want to share that with everyone.

We'll also be selling some great BBQ for dinner and tasty breakfast on Saturday morning, so bring some cash
Bruce