I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tough like RORR

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Tough like RORR

Post by gots_a_sol »

This weekend in Tamaqua, PA. Probably going to run up there and punish myself for the day and maybe get in the Sunday qualifier this year :thumbup:

https://www.rorr.org/tough-like-rorr

Screenshot_20190702-213530_Chrome.jpg

2 races on Saturday to qualify for the 3rd race on Sunday morning. Then the main event in the afternoon.
Last edited by gots_a_sol on Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Tough like RORR

Post by gots_a_sol »

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

"No Trials bikes". Thats because they are afraid those G#Y trials riders might make them look stupid on the enduro bikes.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

trialsrider wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:11 pm "No Trials bikes". Thats because they are afraid those G#Y trials riders might make them look stupid on the enduro bikes.
Jay's on vacation this week so it'll be a bit before you recieve the response I know you're looking for. :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

I plan to try and get out there on Sunday to see you guys battle the rocks. Good luck!!
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Maybe ride a little Sunday morning, and then head over for the main event at 1pm.

Anyone else heading to RAC on Sunday??
2001 Honda XR 200
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

I managed to qualify in to the final qualifying race that was this morning but I didn't race it. I should have brought my trailer up so I could have stayed the night, hammocking it through a thunderstorm with my dog there wasn't going to work.

Race 1, thunderstorm popped up 30 mins before the start. f_ck. Everything was slick and nasty. I slid off the edge of an off camber early on and got mobbed by the C rows. I was able to get going again and was going ok till I hit one of the bigger hill climbs. The trail dumped you about halfway up with a minimal run up. Not many folks made it from the mid point. It took me about 4 or 5 attempts to get up it from the bottom of the hill. Ugh. Nothing crazy after that really. I finished 1 lap.

Race 2 started with 2 huuuge down hills. This loop traded the hill climbs for rock gardens. The beta boiled over about 3/4 of a mile in. Dumped some of my water in it and kept going. Was actually doing decent in this race until about a mile from the end. I bobbled on a hill climb and fell over. As I'm sitting on my ass with a bike on top of me, some bag of dicks decided he couldn't wait and tried to go around on the high side. Well he fucked it and tipped over and landed on top of me and my bike. Great. Thanks asshole. In the process of getting the pile of bodies and bikes sorted my bike ended up sliding off the side of the trail past the point of no return. Awesome. So now I'm standing here holding my bike and it is just sliding down in to this ravine. One of my VCHSS buddies who raced race 1 but opted out of race 2 happened to come walking up the trail and helped me get the bike turned around and scouted me a line out of the ravine back on to the trail. Then I got to do that hill climb again, which fortunately went better the 2nd time. I was totally wasted and out of water by this point, fortunately there was just a few short downhills left. I finished 1 lap again.

About 6 pm another round of thunderstorms rolled in and didn't look like they were going to pass by until midnight. With my very minimal camping set up I chose to just pack it up and head home. I made it in to race 3 which was my goal. Race 3 consisted of the courses from race 1 and 2 combined together then with all that rain on it? Above my pay grade :lol2:

The cut off for making race 3 was 150 riders. Only 135 managed to complete at least 1 lap in either race 1 or 2 to move on. The cut off for the main was 60 from race 3 but only 42 finished that one.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Wow, hardcore Joe! Certainly sounded tough.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Friend of mine made it into todays 3rd race to have a stick do damage to a radiator then a little later another rider crash finished off his other radiator so he was done but did not sound to mad about it...with all the rain last night sunday morning sounded like a brutal slip and slide.....you was wise to just load up the dog and head for home. Hard to think they make you pay to have all that fun :screwy:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

I was camped out for the main event at the entrance to what they called "Business 409". Looked like PA's version of the Erzberg section called Carl's Diner. Tough rocky area. The main event did a loop that took them through here twice.

After that, I walked up a goat trail and several steep embankments to the spectator area at the top of the mountain, where they had a brand new section they said was harder than anything they had ever done before. Not sure if photos will do it justice. The main event went through here once... and only about 20 or so guys survived to make it this far. Hats off to THEM !!!

And to ANYONE that even tried something Tough Like RORR.... (congrats to YOU gets_a_sol) :cheers:
2001 Honda XR 200