I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2015 Yamaha WR250R

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
John F
DAMN Expert

2015 Yamaha WR250R

Post by John F »

I bought this late winter, and its a great little bike. I put it into DS trim, rode it a little, and now its in SM trim. I planned on keeping it, but found a deal I couldn't refuse for a Husky 450 FE. So, here's a copy of the CL ad I posted. If anybody here is interest, let me know. I'm negotiable as to price. I added the skid plate, rear bag, handguards, and bought a stock size rotor to replace the oversized rotor on the SM wheels. I wanted the changeover from DS to SM to DS to be as easy as possible. Pictures are on the CL ad on CL Annapolis.

2015 WR250R in excellent condition. Currently has 2437 miles, but may go up a little as I'm still riding it. The bike left the dealer as a WR250R dual sport, and was put into supermoto trim by the original owner. The pictures show the bike in black in the original dual sport mode and as a supermoto. The original WR250R dual sport blue plastics are in new condition. The WR250R original seat is in new condition, as is the tank, bars, etc. The original dual sport wheels/tires have about 50 miles on them. I got it in supermoto trim, put it back in DS trim, and its now in supermoto trim. Its a really fun little street bike. I've only ridden it offroad for about 5 miles at my friend's farm. Extras include Warp 9 17-inch wheels with Avon Distanzias, a larger rotor for the Warp 9 set-up, WR/X for protectors, Seat Concepts low seat, Yamalink lowering link, Pro-Moto billet Cargo Rack, Pr-taper EVO 1 1/8" bars and risers (Carmichael bend), Pro-Taper pillow top grops, Highway Dirt Bikes Top Clamp and Risers, Two power outlets on the top clamp, IMS 3-gallon tank, Cycle Terminal Fuse Box and Wiring, Kickstand interlock disabled, a few different rear sprockets, LED Headlight, DRC Edge Tail Light/Plate mounting kit, LED blinkers, EJK Fuel Tuner, and Moose Engineering skip plate, handguards, a bag for the rack, and removal of EXUP (exhaust servo motor). I also have extra oil filters, levers, and some probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

The bike runs great, is nice and quiet, and need nothing. I bought another front rotor from Warp 9 that's the same size as the stock rotor to make the transition from Supermoto to Dual Sport really easy. I meant to keep it awhile, but wound up with another bike. Please call or text me (John) at four-4-three-seven-8-6-0-eight-five-eight in you're interested.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: 2015 Yamaha WR250R

Post by Laoch »

So, you have the original blue plastics? What tanks? Is Ims tank blue or black? It's like you have two bikes for the price of one.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

I have a spreadsheet from the original owner that details what he did. He bought the bike 2/15/15, and immediately R&R the wheels/tires, handlebars, seat, link, and gas tank. The IMS and oem gas tank are black. He also installed the cargo rack and did some other stuff. On 5/20/15, he R&R the oem plastics with black plastics, the oem levers with some fancy levers, the headlight with a LED headlight, and installed the DRC taillight and front flashers. At that time he also installed the EFI tuner, removed the EXUP. So most of the oem stuff is new or close to new. It is like 2 bikes in 1. the original owner did, according to his spreadsheet, oil changes at 50, 108, 500, and 1174 miles. The guy I bought it from (2nd owner) had it about a year and I think he told me that he did an oil change. I just did an oil & filter change just because.

Here's a link to the CL ad: https://annapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/d/ ... 14696.html

When I have time I'll try to figure out how to post pics. Anybody here that's interested is welcome to come and take it for a ride. I'm very negotiable as to price. My rough calculations are that the bike has about $2800 in extras.
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

Dropping the price to $5200. Gotta figure out CL
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

I dropped the ask to $5000. I really think it’s worth considerably more than my ask, but I want it gone so I can start spending on my new toy.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

If I hadn't already bought one this past winter, I'd be talking to you about your bike. That's a pretty reasonable price for a 2015 if it's all in great condition and I'm sure, at that price, you'll get it sold soon. I wish you'd been offering it this past winter when I was looking. I couldn't find a decent used one for this price back then.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

Thanks Twist. I thought it'd sell rally quickly. Oh well. If you have any friends that are looking...
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

Sold