I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mountain Ridge 10/18, 10/19, and 10/20

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Mountain Ridge 10/18, 10/19, and 10/20

Post by jgreene »

3 of us are going up for a long weekend of riding. Let me know if anyone else is interested.
Member R&T Club, and GMER
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Mountain Ridge 10/18, 10/19, and 10/20

Post by Twist »

How'd this ride go? A couple of friends and I are headed up there tomorrow night to ride on Friday and Saturday. Never been there and wanted to check it out before the end of the season - they shut down apparently after this weekend.

Just curious about what we can expect there?

I'll ride all day on Friday and I have to be home Friday night. My other bud is staying over with his son and riding on Saturday was well.

We're always looking for places within 3 - 4 hours of Annapolis where we can take our kids to ride.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

FYI-Mtn Ridge has trails for everybody. It has wide open flowing stuff, ATV/two track stuff. Rock trails, big rock trails and bigger rock trails. Single track is nice, not too difficult, good mix and flow. Well marked, decent layout and easy to get around. Mostly anything labeled as black trail just means rocks.

And plenty of stuff for kids. Folks at office are friendly just ask about trails.
Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Thanks Bruce.

We're always looking for someplace to take the kids to ride.

Wes
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

We hauled the bikes up to Bedford Thursday night and got out to the park at 9a Friday when they opened. We explored more than half the trails there and I think this place holds a lot more potential for getting our kids started out on dirt bikes.

We accidentally got ourselves into a couple of pretty gnarly rock sections (Shamrock Hard was one of them). We all made it through with no drops or damage and even that was a fun challenge when you're not dealing with it all day. Flowing, fast trails everywhere but enough variations in terrain and views to make it interesting.

I wonder why they close this place up so early? This is apparently the last weekend.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Hunting season?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce