I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by J&J »

gots_a_sol wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:04 am
J&J wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:57 pm

Hey Joe, what are you doing with that 4 valve 5.4?

It is currently in my way and listed on marketplace. Make you a DAMN good deal if you want it :deal:
Well I guess I shouldn’t have asked, I thought I was done with that Mustang....
We’ll look into the swap a little & get back to you
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Damage Inc. wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:35 pm Today was tractor maintenance ImageImageImage
Sweet lift, I’ll get one one of these days 👍🏻
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

J&J wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:40 pm
Well I guess I shouldn’t have asked, I thought I was done with that Mustang....
We’ll look into the swap a little & get back to you
I have a T45 manual trans here too :thumbup:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Trying to get my pole barn finished before 2021 :angel: I haven't been able to work on it steadily and has taken forever. Almost done. Have a few more panels of OSB to put up then prime and paint. The barn is 30x56 with a 30x24 woodshop on one end. The garage end is 30x32 and has a 6x8 bathroom.

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Lookin' good Ken , but you know it will never be "done"... 6'X8' bathroom 'eh I have a 4.7 acre one just out the back door...
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Damage Inc. wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:22 pm I have a 4.7 acre one just out the back door...
that must be one YOUGE toilet seat! :killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Perhaps if I worked less on this Imagethen I would work more on this Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'06 VTX1300r
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Anyway tractor’s done. Cleaned up the yard a bit now back to the never ending list. BTW I did this awhile ago but it helps with clean up and such. ImageImageImageImagecasters on everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'06 VTX1300r
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Pulled the engine out of the Beta as I had a trans side crank seal leaking. I saw a pic from the last race I did on it and there was a massive cloud out of the exhaust. Hopefully this is also the source of the intermittent 'running way at full throttle and scaring the shit out of me' headache I've been having with this bike.

The Husky I can get the side cover off in the frame but I wasn't sure if the Beta can. Plus I'll check/grease all the linkage/swingarm bearings while it is apart.

Made these to fit in the intake/exhaust of the Beta so I could put a couple psi to it and see if the crank seal was in fact leaking. Which it was as all the air pressure was coming out the oil fill.

Sumter national enduro is in 2 weeks :thumbup:
Last edited by gots_a_sol on Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

The engine for the International came from a junkyard and did not include any accessories. The oem Toyota power steering pump and a/c compressor are kind of bulky so I went with a GM p/s pump and a compact Sanden compressor. Also received the new upper intake plenum and the bits to weld up a new exhaust manifold for the turbo.

I choose the DIY route on the exhaust manifold as I just wanted a simple log type and not too many companies make them for this engine. Plus now I can clock the turbo up or down as needed vs buying a manifold meant for whatever car it was made for. While obviously not equal length, it will still be good for 500+ hp.

Accessories mocked up. I used cardboard to get the same I wanted then transferred it to a piece of 3/8 plastic I had leftover from some other project.

Intake plenum. The stock non-turbo manifold wraps over the top of the engine which is fine for that application, but I don't want it crossing over the turbo so I went with this aftermarket piece. I knocked off the polish with some scotchbrite after this pic.

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0