I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Greenbrier Enduro - Sunday March 8th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Greenbrier Enduro - Sunday March 8th

Post by Skinny-J »

The 2020 opener is coming! Its a good introduction to Enduros for anyone who has ever wondered... Its traditional time keeping so a watch and resettable odometer and following someone who knows what they are doing and you will get the hang of it really easy. It's also NJ so the terrain is not that difficult. Its basically the Hammer Run turned into a race against the clock.

SJ
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Greenbrier Enduro - Sunday March 8th

Post by Firebolter »

In, waiting for the online registration to open up. Oh and you will need a AMA card and a ECEA card, both easy to get, but you will need them for registration.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I just read the flyer and it says:

http://www.teamhammer.org/2020%20Stuff/ ... 0flyer.pdf

"USFS approved spark arrestor @ 94db. Public land Traditional Enduro, you need MC LICENSE, TAGS, REGISTRATION and LIGHTS
Course Information: A gas truck will be provided for any gas availables or stops. (the confirmation will provide more detail)
Sign-up: Sat. 2:00 pm - 5pm Sun. 7:00 am Camping - Free Friday & Saturday (please take your trash when you leave)"
Lots of cool bikes---
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Firebolter wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:54 pm I just read the flyer and it says:

http://www.teamhammer.org/2020%20Stuff/ ... 0flyer.pdf

"USFS approved spark arrestor @ 94db. Public land Traditional Enduro, you need MC LICENSE, TAGS, REGISTRATION and LIGHTS
Course Information: A gas truck will be provided for any gas availables or stops. (the confirmation will provide more detail)
Sign-up: Sat. 2:00 pm - 5pm Sun. 7:00 am Camping - Free Friday & Saturday (please take your trash when you leave)"
Interesting. Last year they did lose some land and the afternoon was a repeat of the same sections from the morning. I guess they have decided to seek other areas for more sections but will require a tag to do it. This will probably cut down on the number of riders, it's a pretty popular ride I think because it was one of the few that was still a closed course; one year we were on row 120 something...

SJ
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

So, a street legal, really street legal bike needed for an enduro. Wow, the environazis look to be winning. I imagine that will cut the number

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Laoch wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:26 am So, a street legal, really street legal bike needed for an enduro. Wow, the environazis look to be winning. I imagine that will cut the number

Well, it's all relative, both my KTM and TM have legit plates, brake lights, insurance and stuff and "qualify". I know that sucks for guys who don't have plated bikes. That's what happens when you have to go off private land to public for transfer sections. The fact there are 8 enduro's in NJ is pretty awesome considering all of the crap they have to deal with.
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Laoch wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:26 am So, a street legal, really street legal bike needed for an enduro. Wow, the environazis look to be winning. I imagine that will cut the number

I thought it was really strange that you didnt need a street legal bike for many of the enduros.

If you are riding on the road AT ALL. I think its pretty fair of them to require a street legal bike.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Is it actually time to start riding again... did the ground hog see his shadow??
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Bucho wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:04 pm

I thought it was really strange that you didnt need a street legal bike for many of the enduros.

If you are riding on the road AT ALL. I think its pretty fair of them to require a street legal bike.
IDK. I guess nothing is closed course anymore, public lands are needed. Or maybe it's an insurance thing. Maybe the locals set the rules for riding on the roads. As Bill pointed out NJ does good with what they have. Still lots of options to ride.
Maybe less non euro bikes.

And Adam- it's always riding season :roost:
Bruce
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

In. I will be pre entering. None of this show up and and get on row 100+ crap this year :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0