I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

NEBDR

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

NEBDR

Post by Laoch »

NEBDR info is out. https://ridebdr.com/nebdr/

PA/NY border to Canada. 1400 miles one way, I think.

I don't think we ever got a group to do the MABDR and that's out back yard :lol2:
Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: NEBDR

Post by Twist »

The NEBDR looks like a fractal diagram gone amok - that's how it's 1400 miles from PA to Canada. Not complaining as the BDR folk do some pretty first class routing for these things. I google mapped it and from the north end to return to your van near the start of it is less than a 600 mile ride.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Yeah. I see routes like that as guides. No sense in making a 200 mile loop just to add miles or idk what. I'm sure there are must see/must ride roads, but idk.
Even the Kat route is like that. Routes are suggestions.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Laoch wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:57 pm Yeah. I see routes like that as guides. No sense in making a 200 mile loop just to add miles or idk what. I'm sure there are must see/must ride roads, but idk.
Even the Kat route is like that. Routes are suggestions.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Bruce, when we did the TAT I got pretty good at noticing when we were routed on to gratuitous gravel. We'd pop out of the woods at a highway where the route crossed over, rambled around for 10 miles, and the popped back out on the same highway just a couple of miles away.

I'd be surprised if there's not a ride report up on ADVrider early spring and will maybe give a sense of the skipable (?) sections. Or, we could just go ride it and figure it out for ourselves!

Wes
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I have family in NH. Dont think I can make it happen this year, but I might try and make the Vermont and NH pieces into a couple day loop.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200