DAMN glad to be here!

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
SoPaRider
DAMN n00b

DAMN glad to be here!

Post by SoPaRider » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:58 am

:thumbup: Super Senior/old fart (40 years behind the bars!) from Chambersburg, PA, glad to find a site to meet up with some local riders. I started riding in the dirt and it's still my favorite place to ride, raced enduro's and hare scrambles (Yamaha IT250E and Kaw KDX 200's mainly) when I was a young lad, now I ride the dirt for exercise, to get away from the rat race and for the pure love of it, I'm hooked. Did the sportbike thing for a few years in the eighty's, loved it, but the speeding tickets, the dirt and then dualsport bikes kept pulling back to my roots. Now I ride a well broken in '96 Suzuki DR350SET with 30,000 miles and a nearly new Suzuki DL650AK7 (ABS) V-Strom/wee strom with 9,000 miles on it, that is mainly used as a sport-touring bike by my wife Karen (SoPaGuider) and I. Sold my old flame, a '99 KLR650 to fellow DAMN Rider, Frank (urklr connect), in the fall of '06 after 76,000 miles, 48 states & D.C., several 8,000 mile/three week tours of the west and two 1,000 mile non stop (except for gas) rides to Missouri. Frank has since sold the bike to his brother-in-law Ed, with the stipulation that I will always have first dibs to ride it, if and when Ed isn't! Last weekend I turned it over 82,000 miles and one way or another it's going to see 100 grand! Frank and I and possibly a couple of other lurkers are planning on truckin' our bikes over to Green Ridge State Forest/O.R.V. Riding Area on Saturday for the 2nd Annual DAMN Riders Reunion, hope to see and meet some of you there. I'm self employed/semi-retired and work from home, so I "nearly never" turn down a chance to ride, call or e-mail me if you ever want to hook up. Again, glad to be here!

Later,

Jeff (SoPaRider)
SoPaRider@Embarqmail.com
717-262-1025

'96 DR350S
'07 650 wee strom

"The rides never long enough!"

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: DAMN glad to be here!

Post by Rut Row » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:33 am

EXCELLENT! And we are DAMN glad to have you here! Bucho and I are leaving Fredneck around 10 today. Looking forward to seeing you are the ORV tomorrow. :ride:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

RRob
DAMN Expert

Re: DAMN glad to be here!

Post by RRob » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:06 am

It was nice to meet you on Sunday. If you're ever coming through Gore, shoot me an email: amerirb@aol.com. What was that public riding area in PA with trails you were talking about? Bald Eagle?
Rob

XR650L