I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Bristow VA checking in

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Tech5
DAMN n00b

Bristow VA checking in

Post by Tech5 »

50+ yrs and back in the saddle after 20 year layoff..will the Gods say I'm crazy? Too late, already picked up a cheap 450 to ease back in the dirt. Really looking forward to finding decent trail rides to prep for a SXCS race or 2 next year.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Bristow VA checking in

Post by Bucho »

Good for you! Its never too late.

Is your 450 street legal?

Trailwise, we occasionally ride out at Tasker's Gap or the MotoCove. Both of those down in VA west of you.

For more dirt road/dualsport type stuff, I really need to blow the dust off my 650. Maybe do a day trip out at Greenridge State Park soon?

You should check out Washington Area Trail Riders too. They have some club property down your way.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BDMaha
DAMN Expert

Post by BDMaha »

i work in Bristow and live in Warrenton so we are close. pm me is the best way to get my attention. im always looking for local riders.
2018 KTM 500 Exc-f
2017 Husky TX300
2016 Honda 500x RR
Tech5
DAMN n00b

Post by Tech5 »

Bucho wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:49 pm Good for you! Its never too late.

Is your 450 street legal?

Trailwise, we occasionally ride out at Tasker's Gap or the MotoCove. Both of those down in VA west of you.

For more dirt road/dualsport type stuff, I really need to blow the dust off my 650. Maybe do a day trip out at Greenridge State Park soon?

You should check out Washington Area Trail Riders too. They have some club property down your way.
Neither 450 is legal..yzf/crf. Most of your mentions have been on my radar. Once I finally get all my gear set up maybe I can get my butt on the seat for a while. Will probably pick up a cheap KLR or DR down the road. XR not as easy to find. As far as WATR I'm hoping to make one of their meetings, but since I wake up at 3am I'm usually asleep by then...lol. dang that sounds like old man talk..