I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN ADV ride May 1-2

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: DAMN ADV ride

Post by Bucho »

Sounds cool. Easy dirtroad/fireroad type dualsporting is fun for most any size bike.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

In!
This will give me motivation to finish off the street ties in the twin. I'm sure my brother would be in too!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

If the timing works out, I'm in. I've got plenty I could show around WV. If I'm game for it on the 1090, it's safe for just about anyone.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
HorakCM
DAMN n00b

Post by HorakCM »

Sounds good to me, I'm interested!
-Chris

2001 YZ250
1990 DR250S
1996 DR125SE
(1970?) TC70
1967 CB160
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Huh, maybe I could bring out the 690. I finally mounted the front Heidenau K73 supermoto tire I've had sitting around for a year so I should have some ok traction (already had the rear mounted up). The fat 17" semi-knobby Heidenaus look pretty cool... I also remembered to look inside the wheel to divine the mystery of how these spoked wheels are tubeless. The nipples don't go through the rim at all so there are no holes to seal up. They must be mounted directly to the outside somehow. Now I've got a new mystery but one I'm not curious about enough to loosen up a spoke... :killingme:

I took advantage of the AOMC 15% off deal to get a AL skidplate for it and a supermoto front fender.
20201120_194827.jpg
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Marylander wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:56 pm Huh, maybe I could bring out the 690. I finally mounted the front Heidenau K73 supermoto tire I've had sitting around for a year so I should have some ok traction (already had the rear mounted up). The fat 17" semi-knobby Heidenaus look pretty cool... I also remembered to look inside the wheel to divine the mystery of how these spoked wheels are tubeless. The nipples don't go through the rim at all so there are no holes to seal up. They must be mounted directly to the outside somehow. Now I've got a new mystery but one I'm not curious about enough to loosen up a spoke... :killingme:

I took advantage of the AOMC 15% off deal to get a AL skidplate for it and a supermoto front fender.

20201120_194827.jpg
I did some of our old DS/adventure rides on my DR w/ motard wheels.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bucho wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:56 pm
Marylander wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:56 pm Huh, maybe I could bring out the 690. I finally mounted the front Heidenau K73 supermoto tire I've had sitting around for a year so I should have some ok traction (already had the rear mounted up). The fat 17" semi-knobby Heidenaus look pretty cool... I also remembered to look inside the wheel to divine the mystery of how these spoked wheels are tubeless. The nipples don't go through the rim at all so there are no holes to seal up. They must be mounted directly to the outside somehow. Now I've got a new mystery but one I'm not curious about enough to loosen up a spoke... :killingme:

20201120_194827.jpg
I did some of our old DS/adventure rides on my DR w/ motard wheels.
... and worn out 606s. But yer a tad crazy Phil.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

The route I have all planned out and documented via roll chart, is definitely big bike or smaller bike friendly. Nothing hard core unless we were to add something in. Just a nice back road/fire road/forrest road ride to Rocky Gap and then stay there for the night.
Last edited by Firebolter on Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of cool bikes---
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

That's a good route Bill.
I've done parts of it. Well most of it, but never in one shot.
Bruce
da scrub
DAMN Wanabe

Post by da scrub »

Count me in as well...why wait til Spring?! :thumbup: