I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New member into

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
CalvinW
DAMN n00b

New member into

Post by CalvinW »

Calvin from Frederick here

Been on the forum a couple weeks now but haven't said much. Figured I'd pipe up now.

I rode little 80cc mx bikes as a kid then was mostly on the road until I bought a 1986 xr250 in the fall. Just finished fixing it up last week and my next door neighbor Sam (Big bird) took me up to granville's. After a full day of singletrack I can surely say I've got a serious bug for off-road riding. Just bought some proper gear so I don't kill myself out there and I'm ready to join in on as many rides as possible!

P.S. There is some great info on here. Glad to have access to such a wealth of information and great community. Thanks!
Last edited by CalvinW on Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
1998 DR350
1993 XR600
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: New member into

Post by Laoch »

Welcome!
My son and I rode at Granville’s, many years ago, one of the first times anybody was out there I think. It was my introduction to single track and yes, it bites hard. Sam is good guy to ride with.
Join us at the DAMN reunion in May.
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: New member into

Post by Bucho »

Welcome Calvin. I think I briefly met you in Sam’s driveway a couple years ago. Was working on a bike w/ Sam.
Granville’s is a great place. I remember it as one of the first places where I really had to learn how to use the brakes on my bike! I never realized how much I relied on engine braking till I was going down one of those very steep spots and suddenly thought “OMG, I have NO skill with the brakes!!!”
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200