I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

CRF250X dual sport converting

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: CRF250X dual sport converting

Post by juddspaintballs »

How much do you want for that, Jay? I'll see if the old AC wiring is still there for a bulb on the CRF or not. Worst case, I'll just have to run a LED bulb off of the DC system.

The new Acerbis plastics kit arrived today. It wasn't in the description, but it included a tail light in the rear fender plastic. That tail light has 3 wires so it has a separate brake and running light on it. That saves me $20 :thumbup:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

That was Jacob’s and never used. It’s an x mask minus the bulb assembly We we’re going to put it on his 250r for looks. He has had it on place for a while with some interest but you know Facebook....
He was asking $50 but he said for you you can have it or what ever you want to give him.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I just looked and there is no wiring left for the headlight. That means I need that dual sport wire harness Brent mentioned. I'm not sure if it's worth trying to find the bulb socket that fits the headlight or not. It doesn't appear most online parts houses are selling that part even though it is listed.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

The socket is on RMATV #33130-MEY-670 SOCKET $20.93 without bulb.
If it's an X model it should have the plug in the harness. I'll look, I might have the service manual which will have a wiring diagram. We've sold both of our Hondas so you can have the manual too if I can find it.

Edit. Well I have 2-650L manuals but no 250 one. I may have given it away but will look some more. I'm also now thinking the R manual might not cover the X. :shrug:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Jay, RMATV doesn't let me search for things by the part number so I can't find the part number you listed to add it to my cart. When I put in a 2005 CRF250XA (based on VIN), the harness is a totally different part number and it says they aren't shipping that harness. The harness is the same across the board for all 2005 CRF250X's. I don't know what bike you searched for to come up with that PN.

Do you know what type of bulb fits in there? Is it the HM202? If I want to go LED, I have to wire it to a DC system anyways since the LED won't run off of AC. My new tail light has to be wired to a DC system as well.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

New plastics and front tire today. I couldn’t get the Tubliss to seal properly on the tire and Skip said he had been having issues with it sealing on the old tire too. So, I’ll be putting tubes in both wheels now and leaving it alone. For a bike I’m not going to spend a ton of time on, a tube is a lot easier to deal with.

I found the Squadron Sport headlight/mask on Amazon for $175. With some Amazon gift cards I had, I got the headlight and wire harness for about $100. I’ll just go that route. Tell Jacob thank you for the offer, Jay.

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I changed the oil and transmission oil today. The dual sport wire harness and Squadron Sport headlight came in, so I quickly wired those up. I need to buy some bullet connectors to hook up the tail/brake light and I'm also waiting on the brake switches to arrive. The headlight is awesome.

Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

The Honda is good to go as much as I'm doing to it, now. It has a headlight and working brake/tail light. I changed the fork springs and shock spring for my weight. I changed the oil. New plastics and air filter. Clean carburetor. New battery. UHD tubes in both tires along with new rim locks and a new front tire. I gave it a bath today. It's ready to ride around and enjoy now. At some point, I'll look into getting a tag on it. I have a cheap DS mirror I can bolt to the handlebars.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I am going to try to sell this now, I think.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I have a friend interested if you do let it go. Please send some details (year? Price?) thanks!
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee