I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New member intro

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
itsmedonk
DAMN n00b

New member intro

Post by itsmedonk »

Phil from Frederick here. Got my intro to the forum by jointing a few members for a Gettysburg ride in the woods a few weeks ago.

While I’ve been riding for close to 30 years, I took a fairly long break (about 12yrs) for no singular reason.

Lucky to grow up riding expansive woods and gravel roads right out my front door as a kid in Asheville, NC. All on a dedicated XR menu of hand me downs. 50 (pictured below), 80, 100, 200. Moved to Maryland and traded the XR200 trail beast up for KTM125 Mx screamer - frequenting happy ramblers for MX.

Through college, I slowly transitioned away from that and into mountain biking. Fortunate to have stayed on two wheels, despite my departure from moto for quite some time.

Lost a few family members this year and internalized loss as encouragement not to waste time and delay action. To not to hold out for the “perfect bike”, or the “perfect place to ride”. My father and his brothers got me into riding as a kid and it’s been years since riding with them. This new found encouragement pushed me to take action, score a Craigslist bike and start riding again. I woke the beast.

Calvin, also a relatively new member has helped fuel this reentry to moto. Here is a pick of my 1993 DR250 in his barn.

After getting this bike tuned up, I returned to NC and TN to ride with family for the first time in nearly 20 years. The feeling of being back on a bike, especially with family, gave me chills.

Thank you all for holding this community. Happy to be here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
93' DR250
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: New member intro

Post by Bucho »

Welcome to the site. It was nice to meet you the other week.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I swear I had that same DR. I had a yellow off-road version and a blue DS version. I sold it to a fairly local guy a few years ago. I would not be surprised if it's the same bike :lol2:
Bruce
itsmedonk
DAMN n00b

Post by itsmedonk »

The DR250 came my way out of Harrisonburg, VA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
93' DR250