I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MC rider dies doing 130 on city streets

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

MC rider dies doing 130 on city streets

Post by Firebolter »

This could be hard to watch for some-Looks like the bike was stolen but the guy was not being pursued when he crashed in LA. I feel sorry for the car driver, that has to be hard on some one when something like this happens. At that speed, by the time the driver looked right, they might have seen the bike, but it probably looked safe to turn, but at that closure rate, well physics-

https://www.foxnews.com/us/los-angeles- ... rash-video

Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: MC rider dies doing 130 on city streets

Post by smdub »

Looks like the innocent folks in the car were ok. (at lest well enough to open the door.) :thumbup:
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

This is right when you know, you are in deep shit-for a microsecond before life is over-Last frame before impact

Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Glad car driver is okay.

No sympathy for rider.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bill might remember here on I97 several years ago a 30 year old woman was weaving through traffic following her boyfriend at well over 120 when a 19 year old in a minivan innocently changed lanes to block her path. She hit the back of the minivan probably before she could even get on the brakes and died instantly. A friend of mine is a Wilderness First Responder and was first on the scene with his family and stopped. He said it was pretty obvious that she was no longer with us.

It's accidents like this that I don't envy Bruce and his part-time job.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Twist wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:44 am It's accidents like this that I don't envy Bruce and his part-time job.
I do remember that Wes, I also remember the 2 young idiots doing 120 mph power wheelies on US50 and they became road pizza by Davidsonville exit. Like you and Bucho said, I feel sorry for the people dragged into this by someone else's stupidity.
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Other reports say the people in the car were taken to the hospital but will be ok.

Warning graphic! There is surveillance video from the storefront on the corner.
https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/m ... ve-on-air/
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

So that's where the term rag doll came from! I know, bad joke-
Lots of cool bikes---
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Having had 2 bikes stolen I definitely don't have any sympathy for the thief. Both of the bikes were ZX9Rs, which were popular with the crowd that races up and down 95 and 50. They stole them from frederick. One of them was crashed before even getting out of the county and then dumped into a creek. The 2nd was recovered months later off of NY Ave, if memory serves. It was almost certainly used to blast up 95 and/or 50.

Here's the one that didn't make it out of frederick county: