I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by J&J »

Soon…
motorider
DAMN n00b

What did you work on today?

Post by motorider »

I was looking at the propane and kerosene heaters at Tractor Supply but I would rather not have to deal with another fuel and I’m concerned about the fumes. I have natural gas as an option or maybe an electric 220V I can hang from the ceiling or mount to the wall. Neither of those would be portable but ceiling/wall mounted would be out of the way.

J&J That Coyote is awesome. I have the Ford IDS/FDRS software and VCM3 if you need programming done. I also have experience tuning Fords with HP Tuners if you need any tuning. I’ve been working on my F150 to squeeze more HP out of the 2.7L Ecoboost. I’m probably around 400 HP at this point but need to get to a dyno to verify that…
motorider
DAMN n00b

Post by motorider »

I bought a wall mounted 240V heater for my garage. The electrical work is going to cost me more than the heater but at least I will be able to work in my garage without turning into an ice cube.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

motorider wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:25 pm I bought a wall mounted 240V heater for my garage. The electrical work is going to cost me more than the heater but at least I will be able to work in my garage without turning into an ice cube.
If where you will be mounting the heater is close to the panel, running the wire and adding a breaker is easy. That assumes your have space in the panel.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

motorider wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:25 pm I bought a wall mounted 240V heater for my garage. The electrical work is going to cost me more than the heater but at least I will be able to work in my garage without turning into an ice cube.
What heater did you buy? I already have a 240v circuit in my garage and have been thinking of doing this.

Thanks!
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
motorider
DAMN n00b

Post by motorider »

I have space in the panel but it’s located on the opposite side of the house. I only have one 15 Amp duplex outlet in the entire garage. The cost is in the labor to fish the cable through the walls and to the garage. For a little more money I decided to have a 60 Amp sub panel installed so I’ll have enough power in the garage for the heater and additional outlets or a 220V EV charger if I ever buy an electric vehicle. I bought the heater at Home Depot for $200. It can mount to the ceiling or wall. Here’s a link:
https://worldmkting.com/dura-heat-ewh55 ... 7-060-btu/
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

I think that type of heater is going to use a lot of juice. I have a friend that put a mini split system in his small shop and it is very economical, his shop stays conditioned like his house. I don’t know the numbers but depending on how much you use it an efficient system would save in the long run.
Just a thought to check out.
motorider
DAMN n00b

Post by motorider »

Good point. Maybe this summer I’ll look into that.
chuck marler
DAMN n00b

Post by chuck marler »

"Jay's Garage" Nice and warm and full of the best toys. The mustang is looking good, and speaking of, it IS always nice to have a friend with a truck. Thanks for pulling me out of that ditch, way back when, Jay. Much appreciated, sir.

So I learned all about how to true a rim while replacing a hub that exploded during a race on that 250.

In August, I bought an old sportster and found an oil leak admiring it at Christmas, while freezing my nuts off in the garage, since Joann stole my space heater away and hid it after she found it unattended, pre-warming the garage. dagnabit. Yep, so I have to wire in one and bolt it to the wall.
So, with frozen stiff fingers, I put new rocker gaskets in. HUGE fun. Now getting ready for Florida to see SX, race the alligator Enduro, then ride over to watch the Daytona 200. So, today, I am learning how to weld, trying to make a highway bar out in the garage. The prototype is awful, so I got some folding pegs at the PVR swap meet and am going to try again. I suck at this but it sure is fun.

Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

chuck marler wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:00 pm "Jay's Garage" Nice and warm and full of the best toys. The mustang is looking good, and speaking of, it IS always nice to have a friend with a truck. Thanks for pulling me out of that ditch, way back when, Jay. Much appreciated, sir.

So here's what I was working on, and how I learned all about how to true a rim while replacing a hub that exploded during a race.

In August, I bought an old sportster, found an oil leak at Christmas, so I put new rocker gaskets in. HUGE fun. Preparing for Florida 3/5 to watch SX, race the alligator enduro, then ride over to watch the Daytona 200. So, today, I am learning how to weld, trying to make a highway bar out in the garage. The prototype sticks out too far, so I got some folding pegs at the PVR swap meet and going to try again. I suck at this but it sure is fun.

AND, all this while freezing my nuts off, since Joann stole my space heater away and hid it after she found it unattended, pre-warming the garage. http://www.DAMNriders.org/posting.php?mode=reply&t=5121# dagnabit.

To get a link that shows the picture, you have to scroll down to the bottom of the page where the pic is and use one of the "BBCode" links.

For example I pasted

Code: Select all

[url=https://ibb.co/WFM3t4w][img]https://i.ibb.co/WFM3t4w/20191027-094406.jpg[/img][/url]
below

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris