I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Car Prices for the next couple of years

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Car Prices for the next couple of years

Post by Firebolter » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:35 pm

Boom Boom wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:01 am
Bucho wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:32 pm
Twist wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:28 pm
The saying is that once you own a pickup truck, you'll always own one. That's probably true for me.
Just wait till you own a VAN! You will never look back
Well said VAN Brother.....
I must agree with my Van homies! Once you go Van, you'll never look back. I don't miss my truck at all.
Lots of cool bikes---

Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:45 pm

Most modern vehicles will go 250k miles with some normal shop time. Find a local mechanic you trust and help them feed their family with regular service and starve out the over price market. Would not take long till market turns. Everyone running out now needing new wheels is about the same as buying toilet paper just because the market says we have a shortage. We are being played. Wife has a 16 year old SUV that paint was bad to spent a couple grand to make look nice and gonna run that buggy into the ground. Now if loaded like Firebolter then order 2 over everything.... :cheers:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:55 pm

Dude, I 'm not loaded. My kid is grown and I am not married and pay no one for "previous Life experiences", so humm? Maybe I am loaded!

It's way more than repairs Mike, it is semi conductors. It is impacting every facet of life, cars are just the most common item that EVERYONE FEELS the influences of shortages. Causing me problems in other places too, just hope it does not impact deliveries of the Stark's!
Lots of cool bikes---

Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:34 pm

You are far to easy today....
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:20 pm

Boom Boom wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:34 pm
You are far to easy today....
I’m like a fine wine Mike, I mellow as I age!
Lots of cool bikes---

Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:41 pm

gots_a_sol wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:51 pm
I read everybody saying I got offered xxx amount for my truck more than I paid but then what? If you need to replace it how much is that going to cost? I could see off loading something for a profit if it was a secondary vehicle you didn't really need I guess.

I sold my Excursion in the spring and picked up a 2015 F150 as a replacement. Ended up paying more for the F150 than I was hoping to but after going to 6 different dealers it was the closest thing to what I wanted and was actually available. I also got more for the Ex than I thought I would so it balanced out.

What I really wanted was a crew cab long bed but those are uncommon any more in a 1/2 ton crew. Was also hoping for blue. But other than that, it had everything else I wanted or is reasonably easy to change to what I want (deleting chrome mostly)

Unless something changed. The long bed only comes with an extended or regular cab. Not available with crew cab option. Limited to the 6.5' bed.

Either way, nice truck

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:04 am

It's gonna get tighter, especially if you want a new F-150! The chip shortage is now effecting not only production but jobs too as they will lay some folks off.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/for ... lants-jobs

"In Kansas City, production of Ford’s popular F-150 pickup trucks will be scaled back as one shift produces Transit vans, the news outlet reported."
Lots of cool bikes---

Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:10 am

According to an article in Motor Trend it is expected that pre-chip shortage production levels will not be achieved until 2025. So my question is, who is profiting most from the chip shortage?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:55 pm

Firebolter wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:04 am
It's gonna get tighter, especially if you want a new F-150! The chip shortage is now effecting not only production but jobs too as they will lay some folks off.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/for ... lants-jobs

"In Kansas City, production of Ford’s popular F-150 pickup trucks will be scaled back as one shift produces Transit vans, the news outlet reported."
More Transit van? Nice!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:34 am

Lots of cool bikes---