I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Highland Park/Georgia Trip

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
aai
DAMN Poohba

Re: Highland Park/Georgia Trip

Post by aai »

My brother and I camped/rode there at Durhamtown this past late October. Grateful to have an opportunity to ride the place before they shut down a few months ago. Good half way point for us since he's in South Fl. Much better for me, been hauling down to Croom these past few years. Regardless Im happy to see you post this thread up, looks like you had a great time. Highland seems like a decent alternative to Durhamtown on a halfway meetup. We were looking at Carolina world but doesn't look too big of a place.
Attachments
6A5F7AA4-C0DA-47FE-849F-2E09E5C428FC.jpeg
6A5F7AA4-C0DA-47FE-849F-2E09E5C428FC.jpeg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 10838 times
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

aai wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:34 pm My brother and I camped/rode there at Durhamtown this past late October. Grateful to have an opportunity to ride the place before they shut down a few months ago. Good half way point for us since he's in South Fl. Much better for me, been hauling down to Croom these past few years. Regardless Im happy to see you post this thread up, looks like you had a great time. Highland seems like a decent alternative to Durhamtown on a halfway meetup. We were looking at Carolina world but doesn't look too big of a place.

Highland Parks gets my endorsement. There is a lot of easyish trails AND tougher trails. So nice for groups of all levels.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

aai wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:34 pm been hauling down to Croom these past few years.
Being from around here, how do you like Croom? What do you ride there? I went there the first time over the holidays, and the Florida contingent seems to really like it, but being Florida it's flat and sandy and for most of it, it was very "open ended" in that it seemed you could pick a direction, any direction, and just go because there wasn't much to impede your progress because even the trees were far apart. We did find a pretty well-worn trail that looked super fast and pretty fun, but nothing challenging anywhere. Did we miss it, or is its appeal going flat-out and railing the (low) berms?

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

phoo wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:36 am
aai wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:34 pm been hauling down to Croom these past few years.
Being from around here, how do you like Croom? What do you ride there? I went there the first time over the holidays, and the Florida contingent seems to really like it, but being Florida it's flat and sandy and for most of it, it was very "open ended" in that it seemed you could pick a direction, any direction, and just go because there wasn't much to impede your progress because even the trees were far apart. We did find a pretty well-worn trail that looked super fast and pretty fun, but nothing challenging anywhere. Did we miss it, or is its appeal going flat-out and railing the (low) berms?

Thanks,

~Patrick
The back of the park around the camping and pavilion you have the old pits. It can be entertaining but more of a shoot the bank or crash thing. They have enough to host a trials and can take points from the expert guys but no, sure not like a Colorado mountain ride. Locals need to be happy the state did not turn into a golf course by now.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

phoo wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:36 am

Thanks,

~Patrick

Terrain dictates the riding. I think most people seem to like open/fast/easy riding
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200