I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux Dual Sport. 18 June

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Michaux Dual Sport. 18 June

Post by Firebolter »

Rut Row wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:52 am
Laoch wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:55 am Tonight.Registration.

FYI- if you signed up to volunteer with DVTR you should have received an email reminding you NOT to register for the DS. As a volunteer you can ride for free (multiple times).
you guys need to charge more for registration. Keep bumping up the price until it takes a few days to sell out
No don't raise the entry fee, if you want to go, get your butt online and be ready to enter on the day it opens. There will never be enough spots for everyone that wants to ride and making it where only people with plenty of disposable cash can enter is WRONG-DAMN entitled old white guys! :duel: :freakey: :whip:
Lots of cool bikes---
WWWRU
DAMN n00b

Post by WWWRU »

I am looking for a Michaux ticket if someone can't make it, please let me know.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Who else is gonna be there??? besides the Old Fat Guy
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I'll be there working a section Sam. I'll be in the Big Flat and atv trail area. Starting to pre ride tomorrow. :thumbup:
Bruce
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Sam, I will be out there Saturday.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I hope everyone is having a good time.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

I has a GREAT time! This is one of my favorite events and it is only 70 minutes from home. The weather was perfect and only a little dust.
I whimped out on the 3 A options but did all the B and C. There were a few :shrug: rocks and I had trouble on a couple of rocky climbs but not a big deal. Pho and Trialsrider seemed to be enjoying themselves!
The old 2007 XCW worked fine and the big seat was welcome. There seemed to be quite a few more gals riding than in the past! :thumbup:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Sean and I had a great time on this ride, and running into Sam was a nice surprise. The event was very well run and the trail markings were spectacular. I did get an extra bonus mile when I missed a right turn that a lot of people missed (but only a select few went as far as I did), but it was a fun trail so absolutely zero complaints despite the confusion when Sean got ahead of me during my diversion and we ended up waiting for each other at different spots. Whoops!

Spine Ridge (?) was an amazing highlight, not only because it was a fun trail that brought us onto a series of rocky ledges "on top of the world," but it's also when I ended up between these two riders, behind a Husky 350, that inspired me to finally push my DRZ on the single track (my Beta is getting a frame tab repaired). I can't believe I thought about riding the DRZ in an enduro last year! Yeah, it'll do it, but YIKES!

Anyway, a great time was had by all. You slackers missed out! ;-)

Patrick

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Great day riding with Patrick. Best weather I have ever ridden at Michaux, ever. As Patrick said, role chart and trail marking spot on. Ton of hard working volunteers. DVTR does a great job with these events. Nice seeing Sam out there on the trail still setting the tone for all of us.

Sean
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing