I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Spring MABDR - Southern Half

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
kos1
DAMN Wanabe

Spring MABDR - Southern Half

Post by kos1 »

Gauging interest here...

I'm starting to think a bit more seriously about doing the southern half of the MABDR this spring to finally piece together a complete MABDR.

Heading S --> N. Looking at the mileage I'm estimating 4~5 days based on my time doing the PA portion. This estimate includes a miserable 6hr highway ride to the start. 4 days if everything goes relatively smooth; 5ish if things turn to custard.

If anyone is interested in joining, let me know and we can start to throw around potential dates. I realize it's a bit short notice but figured I'd ask anyways. I have no problems bumping this to fall if there is actual interest, I just have PTO to burn now and was looking for something to do.
'06 DR 650
'81 GL500 (some assembly required)
aai
DAMN Poohba

Re: Spring MABDR - Southern Half

Post by aai »

https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/bdr-x ... 1wqFiZhj8U
I’ll be looking forward to something like this. Supposedly an extension loop this Fall at MABDR make it easier for us non retired folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
kos1
DAMN Wanabe

Post by kos1 »

interesting... I didn't know that was going to be a thing. I like the idea of a shorter BDR route for coordinating around a work schedule. If the Allegheny bdr-x is actually released in Q4 I'm willing to try it out.
'06 DR 650
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

aai wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:29 pm https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/bdr-x ... 1wqFiZhj8U
I’ll be looking forward to something like this. Supposedly an extension loop this Fall at MABDR make it easier for us non retired folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I very much like routes that loop. Much better for me driving to/from in the van.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

kos1 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:12 pm Gauging interest here...

I'm starting to think a bit more seriously about doing the southern half of the MABDR this spring to finally piece together a complete MABDR.

Heading S --> N. Looking at the mileage I'm estimating 4~5 days based on my time doing the PA portion. This estimate includes a miserable 6hr highway ride to the start. 4 days if everything goes relatively smooth; 5ish if things turn to custard.

If anyone is interested in joining, let me know and we can start to throw around potential dates. I realize it's a bit short notice but figured I'd ask anyways. I have no problems bumping this to fall if there is actual interest, I just have PTO to burn now and was looking for something to do.
A couple years ago I had a similar trip planned. However, a late snow cancelled it for me…

Id like to do the southern half. I had a few route changes when I was originally planning it. One big one was doing the section of legal single track at Iron Mountain near Damascus VA.

I think I can make this trip happen right now. But Id love to read your ride report
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
kos1
DAMN Wanabe

Post by kos1 »

public multi-use legal single track? I didn't know that was a thing on the east coast. Hikers, horses, mountain bikers, and motorcycles all expected to share a trail. MADNESS! How do those people live with such anarchy?

I started looking for trail info/ pics and ended up finding your old posts on advrider from 2018. The trail looks like fun, I'm thinking I need to work Iron Mountain into the trip. My biggest concern was days-long spring gully washers but now I'm hoping there won't be anymore snow. I usually don't pay much attention to the higher elevations weather patterns.
'06 DR 650
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

so what dates are you guys kicking around?
Lots of cool bikes---
kos1
DAMN Wanabe

Post by kos1 »

I haven't thrown out any dates out yet. Since I wasn't really seeing interest (I realize it was very short notice) I figured I wouldn't complicate it for myself by marrying a date.

But since you asked, maybe head out next Thurs (21) or Fri (22).

*Edit - Phil, I may have read your post wrong. Were you in?
'06 DR 650
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

kos1 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:24 am I haven't thrown out any dates out yet. Since I wasn't really seeing interest (I realize it was very short notice) I figured I wouldn't complicate it for myself by marrying a date.

No I cant do it right now.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

kos1 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:24 am I haven't thrown out any dates out yet. Since I wasn't really seeing interest (I realize it was very short notice) I figured I wouldn't complicate it for myself by marrying a date.

Ah, roger-I am going down and working the WATR Spring Trail ride that weekend so I can't make it. But if we ever decide to do any of the east coast BDR stuff, I am down for sure.
Lots of cool bikes---