I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN Reunion 21 May at Mtn Ridge

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: DAMN Reunion 21 May at Mtn Ridge

Post by juddspaintballs »

When you find the right cap, buy two. Keep the spare in a box and you can usually keep it sitting right next to the functioning one inside the unit. That way when you have a dead one, there's a spare in there already. HVAC buddy taught me that trick.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

smdub wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:03 pm I blame Ken too :killingme:

@Twist Geez! what refrigerant does it run? R410A is ~$20/#. We had ours replaced 20yrs ago when we bought the house so its had a good run. It was 13.6 SEER which was WAY above what was required at the time (and still 'decent' today.) I found the cap specs and put another on order - should be here tomorrow.
We replaced our HVAC full systems about 8 years ago with the 20 SEER Carrier with variable speed fan and it's been phenomenally cheap to run but now looks like we're paying the piper. What's really upsetting is that the leak is from an easily examined muffler part between the outdoor and indoor units. We've had the system checked and serviced twice a year by the company that installed it and never once was it brought to my attention that this part was collecting external rust. This could have easily been caught early and correctly.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

smdub wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:03 pm I blame Ken too :killingme:
:dry: at least I get credit for something! :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris