I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Glad I went out west last year!

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Glad I went out west last year!

Post by Firebolter »

Was doing some initial planning for a trip in August up to Michigan to ride for a couple of days. Was thinking about the trip out to Utah last Sep and what that would cost now. Gas would be double, food would be higher priced, hell that trip would have cost 50% more now-

Figuring gas to be somewhere around 5.00 bucks a gallon in Aug (or more), 780 miles to Tomahawk/Chandler Hill campgrounds from my house and @~19mpg/780 miles, that's gonna be ~205 bucks each way-

DAMN, 400 bucks to ride for 2 full days, but it is vacation and I will be with friends-gonna get expensive to ride and take trips
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Glad I went out west last year!

Post by Rut Row »

I just paid $6.039/gal for diesel :frustrated: :frustrated:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

You should ride a motorcycle.
Bruce
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

Rut Row wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:39 am I just paid $6.039/gal for diesel :frustrated: :frustrated:
Time to start processing greasel again. I've been saving all my old drain oil, time to get a centrifuge.
In Sheetz the other night I heard a guy prepay/request $320.00 on pump #9, and I thought I heard him wrong until I looked outside & saw his dumptruck. That's only one tank by my figures and he saved a whopping $1.62 using his Sheetz card .03 discount!
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

We average around 5,000 gal of diesel a day between off road and over the road. 90 percent our work is fixed contracts so we take it on the chin. Not good times to be in the dirt bike.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:56 pm We average around 5,000 gal of diesel a day between off road and over the road. 90 percent our work is fixed contracts so we take it on the chin.
:barf:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I'm starting to think I picked a bad time to put a gas guzzler on order. We put the order in back in late February and between the market sucking wind and gas prices I'm having second thoughts. The EVs and hybrids have the entire year sold out due to the $7500 tax credit among other reasons.

At least our Miata is getting 35 mpg even driving the snot out of it. Glad I bought that a year ago when there were several on the lot and I got it for under MSRP. Checking recently, it looks like I could sell it now for $2K more than I paid for it.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Twist wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:31 am Checking recently, it looks like I could sell it now for $2K more than I paid for it.
My Benz dealer has offered me what I paid for my 21 V8 Bi-Turbo with 4K miles on it. He has folks that would buy it and call him asking about CPO's. I am considering trading it in for a V6 B-Turbo. He has a nice one optioned the way I like it on the way. Should be here in 3-4 weeks as it was just produced, and it has all it's chips! crazy times right now!
Lots of cool bikes---
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Hell I just saw a dealer selling a 22 VW Golf R with a $15000 mark up (60k total). Who the hell is even going to buy, even if it is the fast one, a golf for 60k?
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

And Here I am just crying about a piece of meat… guess it all rolls down hill. This comes out to be a $1 a bite?!
Restaurants asking market price for chicken wings? Prefabricated Crisis that has spun out of control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F