I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux Dirtroad Ride, 7/7

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: Michaux Dirtroad Ride, 7/7

Post by smdub »

Very nice! I was planning on making this but had some problems w the new van tires (static balance is not acceptable this day and agre!) and wife is taking it camping to Maine on Sat. They were supposed to fix it yesterday but pushed my appointment out until today :( Maybe for the better as I developed a fever this afternoon. I'm betting kiddo/wife gave me the coof!
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

:thumbup:

Looks like an OFG ride :lol2:
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Laoch wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:02 am :thumbup:

Looks like an OFG ride :lol2:
Super easy. You would have loved it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

smdub wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:53 pm Very nice! I was planning on making this but had some problems w the new van tires (static balance is not acceptable this day and agre!) and wife is taking it camping to Maine on Sat. They were supposed to fix it yesterday but pushed my appointment out until today :( Maybe for the better as I developed a fever this afternoon. I'm betting kiddo/wife gave me the coof!
Sorry you didnt make it. You could have led the ride w/ the 701. I was a little pokey on the paved sections.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Not sure you'd ever want me to lead. I'm good at missing turns on the GPS :lol2: Need to mount it higher so I can see it. Dont want to pony up $$$ for a rally tower just yet.

The tire thing turned out to be a fiasco. The local Ram dealer wont touch a promaster, even if I bring the rims in loose :dirtdog: so got Pep boys to do it through Amazon. They only static balance. It shakes bad above 60mph. So on my dime, I went to a local tire shop to rebalance. They had staffing problems and had to slide my appointment until Thurs. They did a road force balance but I dont make it 10' and can tell something is rubbing. They used thick stick on weights on the driver side tire and those hit the caliper. No way they didnt hear it moving the van back out to the parking lot. :frustrated: They had turned my stereo back on so maybe I wouldnt hear it. (They used thin weights on the passenger side) Anyway, have them redo that and all is good now.

Getting wuflu has screwed up all my plans this weekend too. Wife and kid are heading out this morning so at least I can be lazy and watch some movies or something.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee