I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: Sur Ron Tuning. aka geek speak.

Post by smdub »

It actually works really well in the rocks. As I said, it's like cheating. You can hear the rocks dislodge or the wheel spin so easily. You learn to modulate better. Same going downhill while breaking. It's easy to learn not to slide.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

I'm not getting all I can out of my surron, i'm a wimp. check out this surron fest at TKO

smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

davej wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:19 pm I'm not getting all I can out of my surron, i'm a wimp. check out this surron fest at TKO
Yeah, I saw a post either on electric sphere or ADVR that SurRon was sponsoring the E race. Other makes were allowed to compete but not for places/points or something like that. I wondered how modified they were going to allow. Would be much harder t hop some of that stuff w/ stock power. I see on the starting line at least one Fox fork and an aftermarket front rim.

I couldn't help but think even watching the start 'man, this guy can't even hop a log'.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

SurRon Ultra Bee tease:

bigger/longer
85kg (187#)
2x the battery
more peak power (Supposedly the Storm Bee motor)
Looks like real brakes, suspension, and seat.
Not sure yet if the swingarm is wider to handle real rubber yet w/o dishing the wheel like the Light Bee.

Specs look a lot better than the Storm Bee to me.

Here ya go:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 39880.html
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

It says it'll have a 90/90-19 rear.

Traction control, hmmm.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I'd be very interested in that. It might even make me sell the gas dirt bike completely.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Agreed, this one might hit a great sweet spot. (still needs more power)

Official web page:
https://www.sur-ron.com/us/ultra-bee.html
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I don't know guys - still seems like a cheap Chinese option that you'll have to spend a bunch of money on to make it almost as good as just buying a real dirt bike. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy pittling around on slow rides with my SR but just look at what some of you guys have done to get an effective tire and suspension solution on them. They need 21"/18" wheels on it and a quality suspension that's more than just mountain bike parts.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I'm completely sold. It appears to be what I've basically modded my Light Bee into (and more!) for less total cost. Its the one I would have bought from the start if it was avail.

Seems like its a lightweight Storm Bee. It has real moto brakes and suspension. No longer an e-bike w/ mtb parts that need upgrading. It appears to be Fastace stuff(?) so not the same league as KYB or WP but we'll have to see how good it really is (or isn't.) Though I suspect to see people tinkering w/ the shim stacks soon enough.

1) I am surprised it doesn't have a 21" front tire. But being USD forks, its easy to fit one. Hard to tell if its got the wider Storm Bee rims or not.
2) I'm concerned about the power. Its less that my Nucular LightBee. Less than my Freeride E - which I consider the bare minimum for a real dirt bike. I have been left wanting/needing more. But I suspect if you can put a Nucular 24F or BAC8000 on the UltraBee is might open a serious can of whoop-ass and make it a GREAT woods bike. And maybe even a Hard Enduro killer...

A LightBee designed for adults ;)
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Charged Cycle Works has said that SurRon has told them that the US bound UltraBees will have a VIN and MSO. So would be able to plate them. I'm still skeptical... Will have to wait until Mar/Apr for the US ones to land before really knowing for sure.

Its also unknown if the world 'F' version w/ the signals, passenger pegs, and headlight will have a VIN or just the US 'X' offroad only version. If you order one direct from China you'll get the F version.