I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

i wonder how many they sell?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I was cruising the Lambo site after I read the story about them breaking the Pikes Peak record and saw this

https://www.lamborghinistore.com/us/esa ... 15991.html

Man, that has to be the most expensive BT speaker/docking station I have ever seen! I mean it is made with real carbon fiber!
Lots of cool bikes---
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Bill, that reminds me of one client I had on MCArthur Blvd. typical renovation of existing plaster and some acoustical plaster that he had his architect drawn up in the basement. Turns out to be his listening room. Towards the end of the project he had asked us to help move his audio system in that was just delivered. A Continuum turntable that weighed about 300lbs, pair of Wilson Audio tower speakers, a pair of Thors Hammer Subs, pair of amps and one comfy seat. About $800k in components just to listen to a vinyl record. His renovation was less than 1/2 of that, lol. There are some serious fanatics out there when it comes to their music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: i wonder how many they sell?

Post by Firebolter »

I had a buddy in Kauai who had a Godzilla amp, some German hi-end turntable and a set of Klipsch floor standing studio monitors. It was the real world setup of the old Maxwell commercial of the guy sitting in front of his speakers with his hair blowing back-Yeah, some people spend alot of bucks on stereo stuff. My hearing is just not good enough to enjoy the benefits of a high end system. All those years of HF/UHF radio's stuck in my ears has had it toll on my hearing!
Lots of cool bikes---
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Yeah, I had no clue till that day that people actually manufacture a pair of home speakers for that much and able to sell them. The reason why I remember this guy is because his audio was half the value of his home lol. Genuine fanatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Firebolter wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:03 am I had a buddy in Kauai who had a Godzilla amp, some German hi-end turntable and a set of Klipsch floor standing studio monitors. It was the real world setup of the old Maxwell commercial of the guy sitting in front of his speakers with his hair blowing back-Yeah, some people spend alot of bucks on stereo stuff. My hearing is just not good enough to enjoy the benefits of a high end system. All those years of HF/UHF radio's stuck in my ears has had it toll on my hearing!
WHAT????

Several years of flying/working on/around turbo props and I can't tell the difference between my cell phone speaker and the $100k setup at BestBuy.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Wingfixer wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:02 pm
WHAT????

Several years of flying/working on/around turbo props and I can't tell the difference between my cell phone speaker and the $100k setup at BestBuy.
HF and UHF in my ears for anywhere from 8-12 hours a day wears on ya, as I am sure a pilot would understand! and some UHF SATCOM going off in the back round for good measure. Yeah my hi-freq hearing is mush. Tinnitus for the last 10 years in the right ear-

Probably didn't help as soon as I would get off watch, hit the rack and thrash to AC/DC for a while at hi volume! Yeah, I was not a s good to my hearing as I should have been !
Lots of cool bikes---