I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Aprilia back in the ADV game

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Aprilia back in the ADV game

Post by Bucho »

Im loading the bike up in the van 95% of the time.

Im still trying to make a Big Bend trip happen. That is around 1,800 miles of highway to get there (one way!).

I also feel I can have a much nicer camping experience using the van as basecamp.

Id honestly really like a big ADV bike. But in reality I think it would sit WAY too much. And thats a lot of $$ for a bike to get used at most 1/year
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
aai
DAMN Poohba

Aprilia back in the ADV game

Post by aai »

I feel the same way, I enjoy and currently setup to get deep in the woods and unload a scoot. Just need to find more time to do it. My brother is set up the same way with his Jeep.

I think it was a big mistake to call them ‘ ADV bikes’ imho (practical) bikes (MP multi purpose) bikes etc. would’ve been suffice. imagine the gazillion Starbucks jokes would be just wiped out
Ducati had it right by calling it Multistrada - many roads ) which is what it is. I don’t think twice doing daily chores with mine, but I do put in some extra effort to stay away from Starbucks parking lots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:54 pm Id honestly really like a big ADV bike. But in reality I think it would sit WAY too much. And thats a lot of $$ for a bike to get used at most 1/year
You make a really good point. It depends on how you prioritize riding time. I'm kind of a multi-use owner. I do big roads trips on my 1200GS that sometimes end up on dirt roads off the beaten track. For that it's very well suited. I can ride a curvy back roads route to Texas Hill Country and still take a few dirt farm roads when I get there. I did do the southern half of the MABDR on it last year along with a road trip to the north tip of Maine and down to Key West. And then I took that same bike to meet up with some sport bike friends in the hills of Va/WVa for a few days of chicken strip removal.

I guess it's the benefit of being an old retired guy that I can take off for a week or two at a time a few times a year. That, more than anything, is probably why I have a big ADV bike.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Wes! I want to be just like you when I grow up Image or should I say retire Image
But it’s another 10 years for this get the bacon rider. But for now a local impromptu ride this 60s degree morning to get my mind right from this past week work

I envy all you guys who are a stones throw away from Michaux and such

KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

gotta be friggin kidding me :screwy: from my zip code, gonna be a while for T7 world raid :killingme:
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/motor ... e-700/2021
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:24 am
Bucho wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:54 pm Id honestly really like a big ADV bike. But in reality I think it would sit WAY too much. And thats a lot of $$ for a bike to get used at most 1/year
You make a really good point. It depends on how you prioritize riding time. I'm kind of a multi-use owner. I do big roads trips on my 1200GS that sometimes end up on dirt roads off the beaten track. For that it's very well suited. I can ride a curvy back roads route to Texas Hill Country and still take a few dirt farm roads when I get there. I did do the southern half of the MABDR on it last year along with a road trip to the north tip of Maine and down to Key West. And then I took that same bike to meet up with some sport bike friends in the hills of Va/WVa for a few days of chicken strip removal.

I guess it's the benefit of being an old retired guy that I can take off for a week or two at a time a few times a year. That, more than anything, is probably why I have a big ADV bike.
Yeah, you use your big bike a lot.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

aai wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:38 am gotta be friggin kidding me :screwy: from my zip code, gonna be a while for T7 world raid :killingme:
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/motor ... e-700/2021
I went to Colemans in Falls Church when I wanted mine. Guy said they had 2 allocations available (this was in May), I put down a 500 depo. Nov the first one came in and it was Blue but I really wanted the red/White one which was coming next, so I waited another 3 weeks. Finally got it. For 10G's it is hard to beat the T7. Motor is sweet and typical Yamaha reliability. Agree with your comment about more of a multi purpose bike, but then again, when you turn onto a dirt road and start to follow it, it can be a bit of an adventure! That was what I liked about the KAT, every time we turned onto dirt, it was an adventure and some was cruising dirt roads and some was hard core!
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

today there are quite few in area-that search results above is for 21 year models. Search for 22's and they are quite a few. They have gone up a couple hundred since I bought mine.
Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 10.29.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 10.29.48 AM.png (255.2 KiB) Viewed 761 times
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Just saw this, this is how to test a bike before you buy it!

https://aprilia.ticketspice.com/tuareg- ... 1660581360
Lots of cool bikes---
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

KTM is doing one in Idaho, doesn’t include a bike though

https://www.ktm.com/en-us/ktm-world/ktm ... -2022.html

KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R