I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What did you work on today?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: What did you work on today?

Post by gots_a_sol »

Bucho wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:39 pm
I think you could use a nice van

I drive a van every day for work, I need to drive something cool to offset it when off work :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

20220728_071600.jpg
20220728_071600.jpg (237.46 KiB) Viewed 8751 times
Buddy wants me to get this going for his kid. One of the trailer axles has broken ubolts and spring, luckily right in my driveway instead of on the highway!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

That IS pretty cool
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Does it still have the original Tornado motor? Lots of people did Chevy 350 swaps on the M715's. Check to see what voltage it is running. Some were 24v and some were 12v and many 24v versions were converted to 12v. 1st and 2nd gear are not synchronized. It was deemed a 1-1/4 ton truck by the military. The US Forest Service sold a lot of them to fire departments as brush trucks for $1. They were supposed to go back to the Forest Service if the departments ever got rid of them, but by the age of them now I suspect the Forest Service doesn't want them back.

It looks like it is in great shape. Does it have a street title?
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Jtrobb
DAMN Expert

Post by Jtrobb »

I insulated the Van roof today.
Attachments
vanbuild2.jpg
vanbuild2.jpg (84.82 KiB) Viewed 8253 times
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Unfortunately the storage canister for the roll up tonneau I just installed blocks all the front tie down points. It also seemed vulnerable to getting damaged by loose objects in the bed.

This is how much of the tie downs are visible

Supposedly E-track fittings fit the factory "box link" plates but I couldn't find any locally to accomplish what I had in mind, so I whipped up some new plates with a 90 on them. Annoyingly I had to remove the tonneau to be able to unbolt the stupid things ugh

Cover back in place

Then a bunch of work later I have a sturdy cross bar that ties in on both sides

The through holes are sleeved and the holes for the L-track are done with riv-nuts. In hindsight, I would have also put riv-nuts in the new bed plates but they are so snug to the bed sides I couldn't get the tool in there after they were installed and I wasn't going to remove the tonneau again :dry:

The little piece welded on the side in the above photo came about while struggling to hold the stupid cross bar in place to mark the holes. Added hooks on both sides so when installing the bar, it now just hooks on the bed plates while I fuss with getting the hardware in place.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

juddspaintballs wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:14 pm Does it still have the original Tornado motor? Lots of people did Chevy 350 swaps on the M715's. Check to see what voltage it is running. Some were 24v and some were 12v and many 24v versions were converted to 12v. 1st and 2nd gear are not synchronized. It was deemed a 1-1/4 ton truck by the military. The US Forest Service sold a lot of them to fire departments as brush trucks for $1. They were supposed to go back to the Forest Service if the departments ever got rid of them, but by the age of them now I suspect the Forest Service doesn't want them back.

It looks like it is in great shape. Does it have a street title?
I knew i should have posted questions here. IT has the tornado 230 and when we went to get it, the owner hooked jumpercables up backwards and smoked the alternator. The alternator was only marked 24V. But the truck only has a 12V battery so it was converted somehow. It took forever for me to track down what alternator to get. Ended up with one from mid eighties chevy c60 truck. It must have a 12v stater from a Gladiator? none of the dash gauges work, assuming they are 24 volts. IT has plates from vermont.

very nice details there, joe. I need to get better at welding...
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Been putting it off but I’ve been wanting to put a slider in the back of the Jeep with a little bit of room I had left. Purchased a set of full slides from Amazon to start with. Had some Baltic birch leftover from a previous rear seat delete I had done last year.
Mocked it up so it fits beside my fridge. Being shorterImage really sucks to climb in to grab shit so this helps a lot. Coated with marine varnish and should last a while. Picked up a Milwaukee pack out base so I can mount toolbox on. Found my old plaster potato masher. Kind of looks like a Jeep grille so I burnt it in for shitz and giggles. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Sonny you need to placard that jeep with all the explosive cargo you have inside....LOL
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

:huh: , I suppose it didn't help to introduce me to avgas to run in the beta to solve all my carb problems either

:lol2:
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F