I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Maryland ride loop

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
aai
DAMN Poohba

Maryland ride loop

Post by aai »

Watching some YouTube videos and caught this one in Frederick MD. Does anyone recognize the area or have ridden it? Looks like a nice day ride. Will try to email the guy to get the files as some already have.
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Maryland ride loop

Post by Twist »

I'd like to get a copy of that loop if you get the file from him. A lot of that looked familiar from riding GPS Kevin's NY leg of the TAT, the MABDR, and some routing I stitched together for a ride several years ago.

My daughter gets her MC license soon and we're looking forward to taking rides like this together.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

10/4! I just emailed Brian, inquiring about the loop Wes. Id be surprised if he's not a friend of a DAMN member or something. He does look familiar. Maybe seen him at JT? :lol2:
Heres another one that I found that starts from Frederick
Last edited by aai on Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

aai wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:11 am Watching some YouTube videos and caught this one in Frederick MD. Does anyone recognize the area or have ridden it? Looks like a nice day ride. Will try to email the guy to get the files as some already have.
A few of those spots I know exactly where they were. Others I have some pretty good guesses.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Phil I know your weekends are tough, but if you ever want to lead a ride like that on street bikes, please put me down. That Catoctin ride, John F and I is trying to run that this upcoming weekend, anyone is welcome to join

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Twist wrote:I'd like to get a copy of that loop if you get the file from him. A lot of that looked familiar from riding GPS Kevin's NY leg of the TAT, the MABDR, and some routing I stitched together for a ride several years ago.

My daughter gets her MC license soon and we're looking forward to taking rides like this together.
Wes, just received the tracks from Brian in that ( YouTube loop) . Will forward it to you via email.

KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

aai wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:24 pm
Twist wrote:I'd like to get a copy of that loop if you get the file from him. A lot of that looked familiar from riding GPS Kevin's NY leg of the TAT, the MABDR, and some routing I stitched together for a ride several years ago.

Wes, just received the tracks from Brian in that ( YouTube loop) . Will forward it to you via email.

Thanks Sonny! I sent him an email asking him to estimate how much of the loop is paved vs unpaved.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

aai wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:20 am Phil I know your weekends are tough, but if you ever want to lead a ride like that on street bikes, please put me down. That Catoctin ride, John F and I is trying to run that this upcoming weekend, anyone is welcome to join

We're meeting at Bob's BMW at 9:30 on Saturday.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Twist wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:23 pm
aai wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:24 pm

Thanks Sonny! I sent him an email asking him to estimate how much of the loop is paved vs unpaved.

Heard back from him saying it's about 50-50 for the 170 mile loop. No bad. That's not too far off the ratio for the MABDR.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

That's looks like one of the the water crossing up by the watershed. lots of good stuff up there but have to be careful, some of the trails you will come across in and around the watershed area are MTB only.

I was looking at the street names and alot of what they are riding in the beginning is stuff in between I70 and US15 south of Frederick in the Urbana area. That creek is Butterfly Branch-

That part where he rides past the jet in the guys yard? I remember that!

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/ ... a6a3e.html
Lots of cool bikes---