I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

S500 postponed

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: S500 postponed

Post by Firebolter »

my friend is in Cape Coral as well, he is right on the Caloosahatchee River in a condo. He is dry and his building seems to be okay. No power but he is safe. Lost alot of his windows blown out and his car didn't get flooded as he parked it in the garage up high, so he is doing okay. Be careful heading down. Power outages in NC/SC could impact ability to get gas at some places and I75 in the north part of Florida might have some issues with high water near. Carry gas with you FOR you, getting gas once down there might be tricky. Fill up in Georgia for sure and then again around Tampa. I will try and keep my van no lower than 1/2 tank. I'll know Wednesday if I am going down next weekend. My friend is waiting for assessments to be done and let them get through all of the neighborhoods and open stuff up. Too soon for him to know what he really needs.

I haven't heard from my buddies in Tampa/St Pete. Pretty sure they are okay.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Sonny, just saw this-2 hours old

Major Traffic Alert: Both directions of I-75 are now closed from mile marker 179 (Toledo Blade Blvd) to mile marker 193 (Jacaranda Blvd) The Myakka River under I-75 has risen and impacted the interstate, no longer making it safely passable for motorists.

This is north of Cape Coral.
Lots of cool bikes---
aai
DAMN Poohba

S500 postponed

Post by aai »

Thanks Bill, spoke with my brother. He doesn’t need me to come down. He’s on SE 40th Terrace, and was expecting to see the worst when he pulled up yesterday. Assessed everything and took orders and gas cans from his neighbors to bring back today. Traffic Lights are all out, LEO on every corner to conduct local traffic. There was no fuel within 60 miles or so from Cape along alligator alley which is what he takes from Coral Springs, thanks for the heads up . Neighbors mainly need fuel to bring back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Looks like they have fully canceled now.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

aai wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:52 pm Thanks Bill, spoke with my brother. He doesn’t need me to come down. He’s on SE 40th Terrace, and was expecting to see the worst when he pulled up yesterday. Assessed everything and took orders and gas cans from his neighbors to bring back today. Traffic Lights are all out, LEO on every corner to conduct local traffic. There was no fuel within 60 miles or so from Cape along alligator alley which is what he takes from Coral Springs, thanks for the heads up . Neighbors mainly need fuel to bring back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Roger all. I sent you a PM. Yup gas stations that have generators are the only ones selling fuel in and around that area. long lines and hours to get it. Once you get up by Tampa and north of there, no issues getting fuel and such. My buddy said the same thing, don't come. He has resources and is dry in his condo. For now he and his wife will continue to walk the 6flights of stairs up and down everyday until power comes back and all is deemed safe. His car is full and he has gas for the generator they run during the day to keep food cool.
Lots of cool bikes---