I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Clake on "sale" (AUD vs USD)

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: Clake on "sale" (AUD vs USD)

Post by smdub » Wed May 27, 2020 9:26 pm

No so fast :) I've already thought of those.

Master: The banjo at the master is small (I keep forgetting to measure.) It won't take the super common M10 pressure switches/banjos. I haven't found a smaller one yet.

Slave: The KTM uses a unified banjo/bleed bolt unlike most street bike/cars with seperate ones. So if I use a pressure switch banjo here, I can't bleed the brake. I had to reverse bleed the Clake to get it to work and that would become impossible (yet, mecessary since I'd have to open the system to swap the bolt.) I could however probably find a spot to machine a new bleed port on the caliper.

The two easiest solutions I've come up with are:
1) a custom brake line w/ a T in it somewhere I can thread the pressure sensor in. If I was a smart cookie, I'd just need a new line from the master down to where the foot control was before and then connect to the orig brake hose w/ a double banjo pressure switch.
2) Install a double banjo bolt on the master. Run the 2nd to a short piece of brake hose w/ a M10 fitting on the end. Alternately I can custom machine a solid banjo/M10 adapter fitting w/ no hose (this would be easy w/ the lathe/mill.) Either solution would hang a little farther off the bottom of the master cyl putting it in harms way a bit.

I have talked to Clake about this. There is actually provisions under the blanking cap for the dual control setup to activate a clutch switch. But nothing in there with access to the braking circuit. They suggested putting a pressure switch somewhere too. I'm not too concerned about this at the moment. I use the rear brake, like, ... never. (maybe that will change since it will be so easy to control.) I also rarely ride the 500 on the street. But the fact that it isn't working as it's supposed to will eat at me. The engineer in me must find a proper solution eventually.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee

smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub » Wed May 27, 2020 9:35 pm

Epiphany: I could install a double banjo pressure switch at the caliper. Machine a small simple block for the 2nd banjo position to hold a bleed nipple.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee

Jtrobb
DAMN Expert

Post by Jtrobb » Thu May 28, 2020 6:53 pm

I built a custom hose using parts from here https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group ... D=PTFEHOSE

smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:12 pm

Bumping an old thread. Clakes are 'on sale' again. USD is strong and the AUD is going in the crapper again. Up to ~1.6AUD/USD now. Not sure if its going to go up to the ~1.7 I caught it at in 2020. Good time to buy UK/Euro/Aus products now.

phoo
Benevolent Dictator

Post by phoo » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:04 am

That's a good point. I should see what the USD price for the water-based two stroke pipe de-denter/straightener is now.

Edit: And of course it's out of stock. I've sent them a message. Hopefully, Phoo's Pipe Straightening Service will open at some point. =)

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:57 pm

These guys ship fast via DHL and the prices are good, especially with the exchange rate. Been using them for stock parts for a few year snow and can almost always beat US pricing

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en
Lots of cool bikes---