I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN thumb

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: DAMN thumb

Post by Twist »

Boom Boom wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:48 am Try being in 10th grade with 2 broken arms cast finger tips to arm pits. Very humbling school days.
Now you can't leave that like that. How'd you break both arms at the same time?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Firebolter wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:48 am arthritis is a bummer as we age. My left knee will just out of the blue get sore and feel "tight" for 2-3 days then it subsides and I am good to go. But the dupuytren's contracture I am developing in my left hand can be a real challenge at times! Out of the blue my fingers will do their own thing and I have to stretch them out. It is weird when it comes on when I am riding as my fingers will involuntarily wrap around the bars! But atleast it is not painful

Hang in there Bruce, you'll be GOOD TO GO BY SPRING!
I've seen that a lot but usually it's the middle finger :dry:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Well, since we're sharing surgery pictures. The result of hitting a deer on my SuperHawk in '08, and abuse since then:
Day of surgery

A week later:

What my new knee looks like inside:

Recovery is coming right along! I should be back to crashing the Beta as normal by the Spring!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

DAMN! Yeah. Tis the season :thumbup:

Had knee surgery back in 2015, also in the winter. I was riding a couple months later.

Good luck :deal:
Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

DAMN! Superman joints!
Lots of cool bikes---
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

I had that same “anchovy” surgery on my left thumb a few years ago. It worked out great. I went from constant pain and not being able to grip anything to having a fully functional hand. Hang in there and do the PT.

My right thumb is starting the same thing. I’m guessing that I’m a year or 3 away from another surgery.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

12 weeks post surgery and I did a couple laps around the yard on my vintage trials bike :thumbup:

Hurt like hell, mostly in the wrist. Might be the trails standing position putting pressure on wrist :shrug:

Anyway, I'll try sitting on a bike next.

I'm a ways off from actually "riding".

The problem is lack of strength and I can only improve so much in a week.
Earlier today I was doing some shiplap installation, I couldn't squeeze the trigger on my mitre saw hard enough to make it work :lol2:
The funny thing is that I didn't even know, I thought the saw was broken.
Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Hey but you are making progress! At least now you can get on a bike now and slow fart around and have a little fun! by spring you'll be good to go. IN the mean time, I know an exercise that can help you with that "limp" wrist! :thumbup: :cheers: :duel:
Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bruce get yourself one of those stress reliever squeeze balls and work it in your hand as much as you can. I went through something similar and that thing got my strength back more quickly that I had imagined.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain