I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Dodge RAM recall

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Dodge RAM recall

Post by Firebolter »

effects over a million trucks-make sure your cargo is secure if you are one of them!

The action affects 2019-2022 model year 1500, 2500 and 3500 trucks.

Ram said the striker plates for the tailgate latches may be out of alignment, which could prevent their complete closure.

No accidents or injuries are known to be related to the problem, which poses the threat of allowing cargo to spill out of a truck's bed and onto the road.
The recall does not apply to the Ram Classic model, which is a previous-generation truck that is still in production, or Ram's equipped with the Multifunction Tailgate option, which is split in the middle and can either be opened down or to the side like a door.
Notifications will be sent to owners in January, but owners can call the automaker 1-800-853-1403 for more information.
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Dodge RAM recall

Post by Rut Row »

good thing I didn't trade mine in. I'm at 97K and still getting 27 MPG at 65 MPH. The price of diesel though :barf:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Rut Row wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:58 pm good thing I didn't trade mine in. I'm at 97K and still getting 27 MPG at 65 MPH. The price of diesel though :barf:
Yup I had 107K on mine and it still felt tight like new and performance was as was from day 1, and considering I got almost 3K back from the law suit, 25K on trade in, I definitely got my money's worth out of that truck. Diesel prices are ridiculous right now-
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Rut Row wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:58 pm good thing I didn't trade mine in. I'm at 97K and still getting 27 MPG at 65 MPH. The price of diesel though :barf:
Yes, $100+ to fill up the tank…
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
HuskyMatt
DAMN n00b

Post by HuskyMatt »

Thanks for the heads-up. Tailgate is being repaired along with the fuel pump today. I saw diesel for $4.87 yesterday hopefully it keeps going down.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

The previous gen had a tailgate recall too. I've still got that outstanding. It has never popped open when I close it but it's done that pretty much every time my wife uses it. :huh:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

My 2017 Ford F-150 has had more than its share of recalls and service bulletins on it - tailgate, water in the doors/freezing, and plenty of other warranty and out of warranty work: sunroof, IWC 4WD failure, among others. I've just about had it with problems with American made vehicles and the known problems that they ship with new. I love everything about my F150 Lariat except its fit and finish and reliability - and that's no little thing.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Twist wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:16 pm My 2017 Ford F-150 has had more than its share of recalls and service bulletins on it - tailgate, water in the doors/freezing, and plenty of other warranty and out of warranty work: sunroof, IWC 4WD failure, among others. I've just about had it with problems with American made vehicles and the known problems that they ship with new. I love everything about my F150 Lariat except its fit and finish and reliability - and that's no little thing.
I sold my 2014 F150 after 3 major issues that for me, were deal breakers
1st is the carrier bearing failed on the drive shaft and on most vehicles, you just replace the bearing, but no, in Ford's infinite wisdom they designed the bearing as part of the drive shaft so you either have to buy a new drive shaft or send yours off to be rebuilt and both were about the same cost-1000 bucks
2nd one was a ABS sensor failed, you would think you could just replace the sensor? Nope, it is press fit into the caliper carrier and you have to replace the whole caliper carrier assembly-1200 bucks
Lastly, I had the older design 5.7L that had those stupid long ass autolite spark plugs that were failing and breaking off in the heads when you try and remove them and it is a MAJOR job to change them out if one breaks. Luckily I traded mine before it needed the plugs.
Lots of cool bikes---