I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Dualsport Mirrors?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Dualsport Mirrors?

Post by Bucho »

I have decided I dont like the mirrors on my WR250R. (I think maybe they are stock?)

I would kinda like mirrors or at least one mirror for street/easy dirtroad riding.

Any suggestions for a mirror that is actually useful when needed. But can be easily folded out of the way when offroad?

I was looking at the ones with the ball/RAM mounts.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: Dualsport Mirrors?

Post by smdub »

We all have the Double Takes. No complaints other than they are a little pricey for what they are. Have the round ones on the dirtbikes and got the slightly larger adv ones on the 701.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Double takes for the win. Very solid and versatile. :thumbup:
Bruce
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

My last dirt bike, the one I currently have, and even my 1090 Adventure R have the Highway Dirtbikes hand guards with integrated mirrors. They are little circles that flip out from the protection of the hand guard and offer a great view behind you. You can't buy the mirrors separate of the hand guards. If you break one, they'll replace it. If you break the glass in one (I've done it 3x now), they'll send you two glasses for the cost of shipping. They're pricey all in for the guards and mirrors, but they're high quality US made products that they support 100%.

I had double take mirrors in the past. They were OK for the price. Not cheap to buy and not a cheap product, either. I simply preferred the HDB stuff.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

double post
Last edited by Firebolter on Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Bucho wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:27 pm I was looking at the ones with the ball/RAM mounts.
Phil, Don't buy any. I have two, that are DS mirrors. One you can try out with the ball mount-if they work for you, you can have them.

The ones Jed is talking about are Highway dirtbike guards. I have them on the T7 but with a better mirror set up. I used the Rottweiller mirror mounts which are way better for real road use at higher speeds.
https://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/index. ... ef=HDB-100

you can try/have these

this is the Highway Handguards that have the spots for integrated mirrors.

Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Firebolter wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:02 am
Bucho wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:27 pm I was looking at the ones with the ball/RAM mounts.
Phil, Don't buy any. I have two, that are DS mirrors. One you can try out with the ball mount-if they work for you, you can have them.

The ones Jed is talking about are Highway dirtbike guards. I have them on the T7 but with a better mirror set up. I used the Rottweiller mirror mounts which are way better for real road use at higher speeds.
https://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/index. ... ef=HDB-100

you can try/have these

this is the Highway Handguards that have the spots for integrated mirrors.

PM sent
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200