I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

CliffHanger Trail-Moab

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: CliffHanger Trail-Moab

Post by Firebolter »

Bucho wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:09 pm
I'm down for this trip. Last time Day 2 really was a pretty epic day of riding. CaneCreek was great, would love to do the same or similar type ride.

I'd also be down for a return to the Rainbow Trail on way home in CO.
Yup, Day 2 was probably the most favorite ride for me to date. It was so spectacular and diverse. Hards stuff, easy stuff, flowing stuff etc. if we left early (assuming we camped at the same spot) we could do the Day 2 ride again but add in Cliff Hanger as it was near Cane Creek. Might have to modify the back side of the ride some around behind the rocks, which is about as far east as we rode that day. that would account for adding in the 10miles of Cliff Hanger? Or better just make Cliff Hanger the first part of the ride then drop into Cane Creek after?

IRT The whole rainbow trail (to include the lower part you are talking about) is 101 miles long! On the south end, it is on the east side of the main mountain ridge. At the trail end there isn't alot around, so there is no close town or even main road. To the west of the Rainbow Trail Head on the south end, is the Great Sand Dunes Nat park and there are trails in that area too.

https://trails.colorado.gov/trails/rainbow-20055
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Bucho wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:09 pm I'm down for this trip. Last time Day 2 really was a pretty epic day of riding. CaneCreek was great, would love to do the same or similar type ride.
Phil, if you look at the loop that All Trails has for the Pritchet/Kane Creek ride:
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/utah ... kane-creek

If you ride it in the direction they have it plotted, that ride is 42 miles and the last 5ish miles you go right by the turn off for Cliff Hanger, so it would be pretty easy to hook those 2 together in a ride-
Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I would love to go back again! Bill: all things being equal I'm glad my footpeg broke off where it did! Also, I think you keep spelling 300 wrong!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I keep digging around that area and found another good trail (Hurrah Pass) that starts near Cliff Hanger and it is an out and back that is 19 miles, so you could do Cliff Hanger in the morning, come back to the start of that, eat lunch then go ride Hurrah Pass. It looks pretty cool too. And then of course the Kane Creek/Pritchett Canyon trail starts about 4-5 miles or so away. I am going to keep looking at the various stuff in that area. And all of these starts are directly across the river from where we camped!

Poison Spider has alot of possibilities/stuff. That trail system connects to a mega load of trails. Starting on Poison Spider, you can ride up top from where we camped all the way out to where we started on Day 1. That's quite an area and it is filled with trails and roads.

https://www.alltrails.com/explore/trail ... static-map
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Wingfixer wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:59 am I would love to go back again! Bill: all things being equal I'm glad my footpeg broke off where it did! Also, I think you keep spelling 300 wrong!
Naw, I want to take the 500 if we go back. It is not that much heavier and given the torque, it would be fun in the rocks, not that the 300 wasn't! Besides, if I take the 300, I'll have to get new tires ;)

Agree your peg broke off 150% better place and conditions than his! Yours was back that day!
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Now they did 5MOH on ADV bikes:
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

watching that was exhausting. I had to take a nap!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Yes. Does not look fun on ADV bikes…
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Yeah and they didn't do the whole thing, and I don't blame them! I really want to go back to Moab. There is so much stuff right in the area where we were. We could do another 3 days of new stuff easy-

Definitely one of my favorite off road places for sure-
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Maybe not the most appropriate bikes for 5MOH. But seems WAY more reasonable than ADV bikes.

The one guy is clearly a better rider and does pretty well.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200