I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

How to (almost) kill yourself with brake cleaner

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
skierd
DAMN Expert

How to (almost) kill yourself with brake cleaner

Post by skierd » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:54 pm

http://www.brewracingframes.com/id75.htm

Be careful out there guys, especially those of you welding or other high heat type jobs on the bike.
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change

mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: How to (almost) kill yourself with brake cleaner

Post by mdubya » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:19 pm

I feel ill just from reading that. Dang. :shock:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC

delusion39
DAMN Wanabe

Post by delusion39 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:48 pm

I weld all the time and this isn't something I've heard about. I usually use alcohol to remove grease and metal prep so now I'll be sure to keep it that way.
2006 KTM 950 Supermoto
2006 KTM 450 EXC
2007 KTM 300 XC
2013 KTM 990 Adventure Baja

Ex bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KDX 200,2005 Triumph Daytona 650 (R.I.P),2002 Suzuki DRZ 400E, 1998 Honda Interceptor.

crofrog
DAMN Expert

Post by crofrog » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:59 pm

delusion39 wrote:I weld all the time and this isn't something I've heard about. I usually use alcohol to remove grease and metal prep so now I'll be sure to keep it that way.
Carb cleaner is safe too...

Brake Clean is to be feared and respected.

401dan
DAMN Expert

Post by 401dan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:26 pm

that is true to life had similar problem welding after using cleaners many years ago crc brake clean can be absorbed right into your pores dont even have to breath the stuff so be carefull where you use any cleaner with those chemicals over time the toxins build up in your body and your liver cant filter them out and one day you may just pass out or die . i allmost lost a friend CHUCK was using crc and his wife found him passed out in engine compartment she called 911 and after the hospitol checked his blood and liver he was loaded with this stuff and his liver stopped working it took weeks and he can never be around this crc again the doctor said it would kill him if he came in contact with it again . so long time exposure is just as bad . and that is a fact. use it out side and wear clothes that cover your arms and a mask it may save your life one day. and dont spray two different brand cleaners behind one another even if they are both brake clean mixing chemicals any chemicals can make deadly gases some not visable and by then its too late. serious shit guys and gals
2005 KLR250 2012 TIGER 800XC FULLY FARKLED : :whip:
TEACH MORE FRIENDS TO RIDE WE NEED VOTES FOR THE LAW'S THAT GOVERN US. TOO CHANGE!!!