I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New PNW BDR ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

New PNW BDR ride

Post by Firebolter »

Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: New PNW BDR ride

Post by smdub »

Looks interesting.
There is some mumbling among my friends of doing the COBDR. A friend of a friend is offering to haul some bikes out (for a fee.) Almost seems a shame to go that far and 'just' do a BDR but if someone else is planning it I'll prob tag along.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: New PNW BDR ride

Post by Twist »

A few years ago we based ourselves out of Durango and rode the Continental Divide Ride (CDR) going north to Steamboat then turned around and did the COBDR back south. The CDR is a very tame 3 days that's almost all pretty well groomed dirt/gravel roads with more than a little paved. The COBDR is a very worthy ride where you'll get some varied riding conditions and spectacular scenic moments. We previously road through the San Juans on the TAT but always felt like there was so much more so we went back to do the CDR and COBDR. The second time I found myself on top of Cinnamon Pass I just sat there for a half hour soaking it all in:

If I went back again I'd want to base myself out of Silverton or Ouray and just spend 3 - 4 days just riding in the San Juans. There's a half-dozen or more very worthy high passes and to hit them all would take at least 2, maybe 3 days. The Alpine Loop hits most of it.

There's a fine motorcycle rental place in Durango that has KTM and Husqvarna dual sports. I rented a 690 Enduro R for our CDR/COBDR ride and it had everything I wanted on it.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain