I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

BDR X loop in PA

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: BDR X loop in PA

Post by Laoch »

I got no dog in this hunt, but somebody should throw out some dates or a couple guys agree on something.
Trying to herd cats can be a bitch. Fall is a better time for me.

FYI - slabbing PA north to south is like 4 hours on the same road. Few years ago some folks buzzed north and rode the BDR south. worked out well I think.
Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Did any of you knuckleheads ever go and ride this PA-X loop yet? I'm planning on taking my daughter on her first multi-day adventure ride and looking to do this loop as part of it. I'm looking for recommendations for camping spots along the loop please? I'm familiar with the spots near Bald Eagle (Seven Mountains Campground) and in Greenwood Furnace but haven't ever camped north of there.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I don't think any of us ever rode it. :(
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
GE Rider
DAMN n00b

Post by GE Rider »

I’d be down for an early fall run… maybe a long weekend after Labor Day? 15-18 Sept? Just a thought to start actual planning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GE Rider
DAMN n00b

Post by GE Rider »

Is there a place on the route to park cars/trailers?

Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I'm doing a week long ride with my 17 year old daughter, her first multi-day ride, where we'll camping on and off. We'll be doing some of the Mid-Atlantic BDR until we intersect with the X loop and our intent is to do the full loop. We're leaving in a few weeks for this and will report back here by the end of the month how it went.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

GE Rider wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:12 am I’d be down for an early fall run… maybe a long weekend after Labor Day? 15-18 Sept? Just a thought to start actual planning.
Bumping this thread. I know Twist and HuskyMatt have now done it.

Sep 15-18 could work for me. I've penciled it in the calendar for now to keep that weekend open.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
GE Rider
DAMN n00b

Post by GE Rider »

smdub wrote:
GE Rider wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:12 am I’d be down for an early fall run… maybe a long weekend after Labor Day? 15-18 Sept? Just a thought to start actual planning.
Bumping this thread. I know Twist and HuskyMatt have now done it.

Sep 15-18 could work for me. I've penciled it in the calendar for now to keep that weekend open.
Nice, hopefully everything works out.

GE Rider
DAMN n00b

Post by GE Rider »

Looks like I have to reschedule to sometime in October