I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Autel ODBII Scanner Issue - Beware

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Autel ODBII Scanner Issue - Beware

Post by Rut Row »

Jtrobb wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:08 pm Isn't AlphaOBD strictly for dodge/ram/chrysler/fiat products?
that covers anything worth driving, right? :shrug: :dry: :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Jtrobb wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:08 pm Isn't AlphaOBD strictly for dodge/ram/chrysler/fiat products?
I downloaded the "demo" version and you are correct sir-No GM or other brands I need.
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I got the discount code and ordered a replacement and indeed got 70% off, so we will see! The Customer Service lady I have been dealing with has been very responsive and asked me for a screen shot of my order number and she said she will work with the distribution center to ENSURE I get a new, non-returned item this time, so what the hell, going for it-

My return went to a Amazon facility in Pa, my new one is shipping out of Washington state so for sure it is a different unit!
Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Well, poop. You're right. I didn't even notice.

alfa romeo, fiat, fiat pro, lancia, aparth, dodge/ram, chrysler, jeep, peugeot, citroen, maserati

Still probably generally useful for codes and such, but then so is Torque, even their free version.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Got the new one yesterday. Fresh and unopened. Registered it, updated it and used the borescope to peek in the cyl of the 500! Nice tool. I like that I can email the test reports, any camera pics or video's I take with it etc. to myself from the unit. Has a MicroSD slot as well. And I got it in the end for 275 bucks! Even has a built in browser since it is Android 11 based.
Lots of cool bikes---
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

How is that scanner doing for you?

I've just been using a cheap bluetooth dongle to connect to my phone for years but forgot it in my GTI when I sold it so debating buying something more powerful to replace it that can do 2-way
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

It is holding up well. The active ability is nice so you can cycle pumps and such to aid in trouble shooting. Also like you can turn fans on, cycle ABS/bleed etc. Looking at live data is nice with the graphs and logging it does. Also has wireless, so the trouble code database is pretty robust and you can get to it from the car in the drive way. Mine has the bluetooth ODBII interface, so I can carry the scanner inside with no cable to deal with. There are quite a few handheld ones that do active stuff, but I am happy with the Autel for sure.
Lots of cool bikes---